A metal distortion powerhouse software/plug-in
Based on IK’s award-winning AmpliTube 2 software, AmpliTube Metal is the first guitar amp and fx modeling software entirely dedicated to heavy metal gear, with an arsenal of 48 highly acclaimed models of modern and vintage amps, cabinets, stompboxes and rack effects.
AmpliTube Metal offers an ultra-realistic software recreation of 14 stomp boxes, 5 amp models, 13 cabinets, 6 mics, and 9 rack FX for a complete high-gain arsenal of sounds from the late 70’s through today. With extremely rare and collectible models of metal stomp boxes, amp heads and cabinets, from the legendary, hard-to-find Japanese originals to classic British and American essentials, including models based on* the ProCo RAT, Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff Pi, Digitech® Whammy™, several vintage BOSS® effects, Randall® Warhead, Peavey® 5150™, Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier®, and other great emulations based on metal gear.
AmpliTube Metal is based on IK’s award-winning DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology. The product of over 10 years of research and development, DSM™ delivers unmatched realism and tone in recreating classic analog gear like guitar amps and stompboxes.
AmpliTube Metal is perfect for gain-heads of all styles, from early heavy metal and hard rock to today’s nu metal, thrash and speed metal.
- 5 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack Effects
- 14 rare Stomp effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
- 5 classic high-gain Amps
- 13 cabinet and 6 microphone models
- 9 post-amp FX Racks
- 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 simultaneous effects
- Digital tuner
- Stand-alone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
- Includes SpeedTrainer™ for playing along with your favorite recordings
- Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other “Powered by AmpliTube” products, MIDI control and StompIO integration
- Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel
- Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible
X-GEAR and StompIO seamless integration
AmpliTube Metal also includes AmpliTube X-GEAR™ so it can be integrated with all current and future “Powered by AmpliTube” products within a single interface. X-GEAR provides full mixing and matching of over 150 award-winning gear models, and adds full MIDI and StompIO control for live usage.
When used with AmpliTube X-GEAR, all the models from AmpliTube Metal can be read together with AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and Ampeg® SVX, to build the ultimate mega-rig of award-winning gear models and truly custom guitar and bass tones.
By utilizing AmpliTube X-GEAR’s, AmpliTube Metal can instantly be controlled live via the StompIO for the ultimate metal stage rig, with no special set-up. StompIO turns your computer into the most advanced, high-end floor multi-FX system, with 10 floor-board switches, 6 knobs, 2 large displays and up to 6 external switches/expression pedals, and no need to connect a monitor, mouse or keyboard.
5 separate modules on 2 separate guitar rigs
Like AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Metal includes 5 individual components, with Tuner, Stomp pedal board, Amp Head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack effects on 2 separate guitar rigs with 8 different series/parallel configurations. Up to 12 simultaneous stomp-boxes, 2 Amp Heads, 2 Cabinets with 2 Mics and 8 Rack effects can be configured and used simultaneously.
The massive number of resulting combinations allows for a flexibility that’s a dream for any guitar player: two separate paths, each with a complete setup to be played simultaneously, or the incredible power to be able to double the available stomps amps cabinets and racks effects in one monstrous sound setup.
Custom Amp-head wiring and Amp building
AmpliTube Metal allows you to build your own custom amp head by mixing and matching the separate components of the included 5 Pre-amps, 3 amp EQs and 2 Power Amps. This unique feature, available only in the “Powered by AmpliTube” software range, offers guitarists more sounds than any other guitar modeling processor, be it hardware or software. Combining the Amp head with the 14 available cabinets, AmpliTube Metal offers up to 350 different amp configurations to suit any high-gain need.
14 highly sought-after stompboxes
AmpliTube Metal includes models of 14 highly sought-after hard rock and heavy metal stomp boxes including models based on* the ProCo Rat, Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff, Digitech® Whammy™ WH-1, several vintage BOSS® overdrives and other effects, MXR flanger and phaser, and much more.
Up to 12 simultaneous stomp-boxes can be configured and played through all at once with the 2 available 6-space pedal boards.
5 high gain heads and 13 cabinets
AmpliTube Metal includes models of 5 of the best high-gain heads of all times including models based on* the Peavey® 5150™, Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier®, Randall® Warhead and Marshall® JMP1959 mkII. All the matching cabinets are provided together with more cabinets and stacks and 6 microphone models to provide the largest variety of metal amp sounds.
11 Rack effects
Rack effects are stereo effects, inserted at the end of the AmpliTube Metal chain. Up to 8 simultaneous rack effects can be used at once. Included are: 31 bands graphic EQ, hi-quality parametric EQ, tube compressor, multi-tap delay, pitch-shifter, harmonizer, stereo-enhancer, rotary speaker simulator and more…
Standalone version with SpeedTrainer
The standalone version of AmpliTube Metal sports the same features of the plug-in plus includes SpeedTrainer™: an integrated audio player that gives you separate pitch and speed controls for learning any of your favorite riffs by slowing tempos of guitar solos without changing the pitch. SpeedTrainer allows you to drag any WAV or MP3 from your hard disk (even iTunes files!) and set loop points easily for playing over and tracking your preferred songs. An included metronome (set by BPM or Tap) is also very useful for the studying and practicing guitarist.
DSM™ - Dynamic Saturation Modeling
DSM™ is a new and exclusive IK Multimedia technology used in the emulation of analog circuitry. DSM™ was designed to increase the response realism and playability of critical analog circuit models. Musicians always felt digital emulations of high quality analog gear (such as guitar amplifiers) to be good but not completely satisfying because of the lack of certain “playability” and “musicality” qualities that only the real thing provides. DSM™ has been designed to improve this aspect.
DSM™ gives special and unique results when applied to circuit emulations where the non-linearity is the main characteristic of the processor, such as in distortion, fuzz, overdrive stomp boxes, tube guitar preamplifiers and power amps, and analog compressors and limiters. The DSM™ working principle is based on a new approach never applied to DSP “analog modeling” until now. Analog circuits, especially Tube and Class-A discrete ones, are not dynamically-linear, but have been modeled this way by today’s technology. An analog circuit’s character is never constantly shaped but varies depending on lots of parameters, first and foremost the strength, frequency and harmonic content of the incoming signal.
DSM™ takes the next step. It continuously adapts the “shape” of the analog circuit instead of applying a static snapshot. By using more complex mathematical functions, a more articulated and musical response is possible, making DSM™ ideal for modeling tube preamps and tube power amps.
Traditional emulations are forced to a tradeoff between, for example, those kind of distortions that appear only when a 2x6L6 tube power amplifier is driven to its limit and the cleaner sound it has when it’s driven normally.
DSM™ delivers a dynamic response that continuously morphs and “follows” the incoming signal; in other words, that follows the music.
This leads to an accuracy that cannot be found in any other modeling hardware or software today, respecting all the signal nuances exactly like a real analog circuit would do with a grade of realism and musicality never achieved before.
- AmpliTube Metal works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS (Mac OS X) – VST, RTAS (Windows XP – Vista)
- Ultra accurate analog modeling with DSM™ technology, “Powered by AmpliTube”
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- High-precision Tuner
- 14 analog modeled stomps: BigPig, Delay, Distortion, Distortion Feed, Flanger, GR-EQ, Wharmonator, Metal Distortion, Metal Distortion 2, Metal Flanger, Overdrive, Phaze Nine, PROdrive, WahWah, plus great routing flexibility
- 5 Amp models: Metal Clean T, Metal Lead T, Metal Lead W, Metal Lead V and Vintage Metal Lead
- 13 Speaker emulations: 4x12” Metal F 1, 4x12” Metal F 2, 4x12” Metal T 1, 4x12” Metal T 2, 4x12” Metal T 3, 4x12” Metal V 1, 4x12” Metal V 2, 4x12” Metal V 3, 4x12” Modern M 1, 4x12” Modern M 2, 4x12” Modern M 3, 4x12” Vintage M 1, and 4x12” Vintage M 2
- 66 Amp +Cabinet combinations (including no speaker)
- 6 Microphone models: Condenser 87, Condenser 414, Dynamic 20, Dynamic 57, Dynamic 421, and Dynamic 441
- 9 Rack Effects: Digital Chorus, Digital Delay, Digital Flanger, Digital Reverb, Graphic EQ, Harmonator, Parametric EQ, Pitch Shifter, and Tube Compressor
- 25 Effects: including the 14 modeled stomps, the 9 Rack Effects plus a Gate and Spring Reverb
- Host sequencer BPM synchronization
- SpeedTrainer™: imports any WAV, AIFF, MP3, and WMA audio file (Standalone version)
- Assignable DAW automation
- Metronome (Standalone version)
Power PC based Macintosh®
Minimal: 866 MHz G4 processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Suggested: dual 1.25 GHz G4 or G5 processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
Intel based Macintosh®
Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel Core Solo processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Suggested: 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
Minimal: Pentium 1GHz / Athlon XP 1.33 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later. (IK products do not currently suport Vista 64-bit)
Suggested: Pentium 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2.4 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later. (IK products do not currently suport Vista 64-bit)
Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS.