480GB + 480GB 960GB total capacity Ultra Portable, Secure Storage Solution
with Versatile Interface
Mac / PC / eSATA / FireWire 800 / FireWire 400 / USB 2.0 & 1.1
Powerful, Dual Drive RAID 0/1 Performance
in a Bus-Powered, Portable Design
OWC SSDs make Guardian MAXimus mini the ideal mobile RAID solution
- No moving parts
- Extreme shock tolerance
Which all adds up to the highest drive performance and reliability you can take out "in the field"!
MAXProtect or MAXPerform – Your Choice
NewerTech Guardian MAXimus storage solution provides maximum Plug-and-Play "Live Activity" data backup and protection in a space-saving mini footprint. In the pre-configured MAXProtect mode, Guardian MAXimus mini guards against data loss and costly system downtime by writing the same information in real-time to create a "mirrored" copy of up to 480GB of data. For those seeking faster performance, Guardian MAXimus mini can be easily switched to MAXPerform mode for up to 960GB of high speed performance storage. Whatever your preference, Guardian MAXimus mini offers MAXimum performance, flexibility, and reliability for critical data backup.
Guardian MAXimus mini is ready to go wherever your "mobile office" needs take you. Bus-powered (no AC adapter required) and weighing as little as 1.24 pounds, it offers maximum data protection with minimal gear bag bulk. While ultra compact, the Guardian MAXimus mini comes packed with high performance features like dual hard drives or SSDs, data transfer speeds up to 300MB/s, and user conveniences like a front panel LCM screen/control interface for drive and system status monitoring.
Why You Need Guardian MAXimus mini RAID-0, RAID-1
With the RAID-0 striped mode, Guardian MAXimus mini dedicates its drives to maximum performance ensuring you stay working at the highest speeds. In the RAID-1 mode, you get a "live activity" backup of financial records, medical files, business projects...any critical data that you simply cannot risk losing. You're always protected against data loss as the same information is copied in real-time to two separate drives for a "mirrored" copy. You're also protected from costly system downtime and data restoring after a single hard drive-equipped system crash. By having a second, "mirrored" copy, you can keep working and saving until the failed drive is replaced. Best of all? After replacing that drive, the Guardian MAXimus mini automatically rebuilds the "mirror" by copying all the data to the new drive!
Built with the Mercury Electra 3G SSD model featuring industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Test Certified for HD Video capture and playback of HDV, DVC Pro, and ProRes 422HQ file formats via eSATA and FireWire 800
1. The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity. varies depending upon
operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The above capacity specifications are
based on the factory default configuration of RAID 1. If the RAID 0 configuration
is set, capacities are doubled.
2. 1MB per 2.4 megapixel JPEG photo - low resolution
3. DVD Quality Digital Video at a 2.597GB/hour data rate
4. 2.85MB per MP3 song