480GB Mercury EXTREME™ Pro 6G SSD
2.5" Serial-ATA 9.5mm Solid State Drive
High-Performance Storage for Notebook
and Desktop Computers.
When only the fastest and most reliable Solid State Drive on the market today will suffice for your data storage and backup, look no further than the OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD.
- Get maximum mobile performance and battery life from your notebook.
- Turn your Mac Pro or PC desktop into an EXTREME performance single drive.
The Mercury EXTREME SSD line features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
No Risk, No Hassle 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
For more information on OWC return policies, click here.
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD uses the latest SandForce 2282 Processor and DuraClass™ technology to deliver the highest transfer speed, endurance, and performance available today.
With sustained reads up to 559MB/s and writes up to 527MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury EXTREME SSD line delivers unbeatable performance that's designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a five year warranty.
- One of the fastest Internal SATA 2.5″
SSDs available...and Built in the USA!
- Ultra-efficient Block Management
& Wear Leveling for unparalleled
reliability & performance.
- 5 year OWC warranty
OWC's SSD vs HDD Shootout!
OWC's A Closer Look
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC solid state drives have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers faster system responsiveness.
OWC SSDs allocate some of the drive capacity for RAISE, to provide real time data redundancy,
ECC Error Correction, and reserve cell space.
Example: A 240GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD is actually a 256GB drive with 7% of the drive's capacity allocated for data management. This management maintains the drive's high-performance and high reliability levels. Unlike many SSDs on the market today, the Mercury Pro family uses advanced DuraWrite™ wear-leveling and block management technologies to keep Read/Write performance at peak, while others see performance fall.