- Experience crystal-clear surround sound with digital connectivity to Cambridge SoundWorks® FourPointSurround speakers
- Create and customize music with the enhanced sound effects of EAX advanced audio technology
- Connect to digital or analog devices such as headphones, MIDI instruments, and other external digital audio devices
- Explore the depths of your imagination with the included music, gaming, and MP3 creation software
From the pioneer of desktop audio, Creative brings to you Sound Blaster® Live! for Macintosh with the best audio processing from the powerful EMU10K1 Digital Signal Processor. You'll experience crystal-clear digital audio, rich surround sound and customizable audio effects like never before. The Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh gives you the flexibility to connect to four-channel speaker systems, such as the Cambridge SoundWorks® FourPointSurround multi-channel series, plug in MIDI, digital and analog devices, and enhance your games, music and Internet Audio applications with the advanced effects of EAX. And, with the incredibly rich software bundle, you'll have everything you need for the most engulfing digital surround sound experience imaginable.
Turn your Macintosh into a high-end audio entertainment system. The Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh is the definitive audio solution for all your desktop needs.
Features and Performance
Digital Surround Sound
- Experience crystal-clear, four-channel audio through the Digital Out connector of the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh. Youll be surrounded with full 360-degree sound for the highest quality audio and the most realistic gaming adventure. Take full advantage of Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh by simply connecting to the Cambridge SoundWorks FourPointSurround FPS2000 Digital speakers.
Digital Signal Processor
- The revolutionary EMU10K1 Digital Signal Processor gives you all the power you need to create crystal-clear audio files. Because processing and playback are entirely digital, your files maintain the highest level of audio quality for headphones,two and four speakers. With support for real-time digital effects, the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh provides an overwhelming audio experience.
Ultimate Music Creation
- With the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh, your creativity is limitless. Its the ultimate tool for composing digital audio of your own unique mixes, creating MP3s, and orchestrating high quality music. With built-in support for SoundFont® technology and MIDI sequencing, the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh performs like a professional digital sampler.
- EAX technology delivers advanced audio functionality and performance, adding sophisticated audio processing capabilities, interactive and high-definition sound to digital entertainment. The Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh provides support for EAX technology and OpenAL® standards with interactive and spatialized audio.
Pioneering Desktop Audio
- Creative is the worlds leading provider of advanced digital entertainment solutions and the pioneer of desktop audio technology. For over a decade now, Creatives Sound Blaster brand of sound cards continues to spearhead the industry with ground breaking technology and state of the art audio solutions.
Feature / Description
- Synthesizer Chip / EMU 10K1
- Synthesizer Type / Wavetable (Scalable PCI)
- Polyphony 64 (with 8-point interpolation)
- Sample Sets 2, 4 and 8MB
- Synthesizer Effect Reverb
- MIDI Channels 32
- Duplex Type Full Duplex
- Max. Recording Depth 16-bit
- Max. Recording Rate 48 KHz
- Max. Playback Depth 16-bit
- Max. Playback Rate 48 KHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >96 dB
- Soundfont Support Yes
- Built-in Amplifier No
- Digital Out Yes
- Microphone In Yes
- Line In Yes
- Line Out (Front)/Headphone Out Yes
- Line Out (Rear) Yes
- MIDI Port Yes
- 4 Speaker Support Yes
- Digital DIN Yes (Supports Cambridge SoundWorks FourPointSurround and DeskTopTheater speakers)
- EAX Support Yes
- QuickTime Support Yes (Includes hardware accelerated MIDI synthesizer)
- MIDI Interface Yes
- Support for real-time digital effects Yes
- Full bass, treble and volume Yes
- OMS Compatibility Yes (OMS Included in box)
- Hardware based digital sampler Yes (via SoundFont synthesizer engine)
- Macintosh OS 8.6 Yes
- Macintosh OS 9.0 through 9.1 Yes
- Macintosh OS X NA
- Power Macintosh® 120-MHz 603e
- Mac OS 8.6
- 32MB RAM for Mac OS 8.6; 64MB RAM for Mac OS 9.x
- Power Macintosh G3 or G4
- Mac OS 9.x
- 128MB RAM
- QuickTime 4.1
- Available PCI slot
- 30MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for software installation)
- Headphones or amplified speakers
Third-party applications may need higher system requirements than those stated above. For more details, refer to the online help for each individual application .