- No complicated setup - built-in backup sets to quickly backup your iTunes or iPhoto files, other important data or your entire system.
- Custom create your own backup sets. Just drag and drop.
- "Fast Start" feature preselects the files to be backed up, saving you time (requires OS X 10.4+).
- Go "back in time" and see your files and directories, as they were when your backups happened.
- Schedule your backups to automatically run at a specific time, on a recurring basis or when a drive is connected.
- Have your Mac automatically wake from sleep to execute scheduled backups.
- Create a bootable clone of your hard drive.
- Choose to compress and/or password protect your backups.
- Backup to any mounted drive including FireWire, USB, ATA, or net worked drives.
- Backup to CD/DVD disks automatically span on multiple disks.
- Creates an exact copy of a folder or a drive, including bootable OS X backups.
- Synchronize folders - perfect if you use more than one computer.
- Backup - simply drag your files and folders into Data Backup and select a destination drive and go!
- Restore - select the files and folders you want to restore, just like backup, but reverse the to and from folders.
You can backup to or restore from any mounted drive including CD, DVD, ATA, SCSI, FireWire, USB, or networked volumes.
- Bootable Backups - Clone your bootable drive to make a completely bootable backup. Be up and running quickly if your main drive crashes
- Schedules - automatically run any Data Backup task on a specific days, dates or other recurring basis
- File Exceptions - specify files that are to never be backed up (such as system files or applications)
- Versioned Backup - creates an exact copy of a folder or a disk, and also saves older versions of the data to provide an evolution of the backed-up data
- Incremental Backup - copies all files that have been modified since the last backup.
- Synchronization - makes two folders identical by copying missing files and replacing older files with newer files
- Compression - backup and restore can automatically compress your data, or you can compress data on your computer to save hard drive space.