Woodstock, IL – December 15, 2014
– Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com
, a leading zero emissions
Mac upgrade and storage technology company, today announced an expansion of the In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor HDD DIY Kits
, with support for 2009 and newer iMac models, including the latest iMac Retina 5K display. OWC continues to deliver DIY solutions designed with Mac users in mind.
Upgrade Your iMac with Peace of Mind
- Eliminates excessive fan noise and maintains correct system fan control when upgrading the storage of a 2009 or newer iMac
- Engineered to work natively with Apple Diagnostics
- Fixes thermal compatibility issues with third party hard drives
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support
- OWC Install Videos guide you every step of the way
OWC's in-line solution includes a custom hardware digital thermal sensor allowing a third-party 3.5" SATA hard drive to be properly installed in an iMac, enabling full compatibility with Apple Diagnostics and the iMac System Management Controller. A convenient plug-and-play cable, the innovative In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates excessive fan noise and maintains proper system fan operation while requiring no software hacks.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit, you can easily replace the original iMac hard drive with up to a 6.0TB hard drive (sold separately) for a dramatic upgrade in storage capacity. With easy to follow installation videos guiding you every step of the way, you can perform this upgrade from the comfort of your own home.
"The In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor DIY Kits for iMac embody OWC's commitment to DIY enthusiasts and upgraders everywhere," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. "Our innovative kit is a complete solution that gives Mac users more options to upgrade their iMac's internal storage while retaining proper system operation."
- OWC In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable and Fan Control assembly for iMac
- NewerTech 14-piece Toolkit
- OWC Microfiber Cloth
- 2 NewerTech Suction Cups
- Quick Start Guide
Pricing and Availability:
- iMac 2009 - 2010 (21.5" & 27")
- iMac 2011 (21.5" & 27")
- iMac 2012 - Present (27")
OWC's In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor HDD DIY Kit
is available for immediate ordering at special OWC Holiday Saver pricing!
NOTE: All kits are also available as standalone version without NewerTech 14-piece toolkit
The OWC Trust Advantage – Over 20 Years of Storage Design and Innovation
- OWC tested for compatibility, speed, flexibility, and reliability
- Comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos
- 24/7 award-winning, US-based support
OWC is the manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple enthusiasts with OWC Memory upgrades for Apple computers dating as far back as the mid 90's. Over the last decade, OWC specifically built SSD upgrades for Apple computers winning multiple awards while also earning accolades for OWC External Drives and OWC Optical Drives. OWC also provides extensive US-based technical support for Mac users around the world. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also produces a catalog of upgrades and accessories having served the Apple community worldwide since 1988.
OWC's Industry Awards Include:
– Inc. 5,000 "Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America" list honoree 2007–2013
– Reseller Ratings Elite Member 2009-2014
– Better Business Bureau Top Rating of A+ 2010–2014
– About.com Readers' Choice Award winner for best Mac Peripheral Reseller
– Business Intelligence Group 2013 Green Tech Company of the Year
– American Business Awards "Stevie" Gold (2012) and Silver (2014)
– 2015 CES Innovations Honoree for OWC ThunderBay 4 External Storage Solution
Other World Computing, OWC and NewerTech are registered trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or in Canada. The OWC logo and the Other World Computing logo are the trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation. Apple, iMac, Mac, and Retina are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.