Created on: November 6, 2017
Last updated: June 25, 2018
Relevant Part Numbers:
Operating System and Host Requirements
- Please note that the Aura Pro X series of SSDs not only require the use of macOS 10.13 High Sierra (or later) as the installed OS, but the host computer itself must be upgraded to 10.13 before the Aura Pro X drive is installed. This operating system contains an EFI firmware update which adds host support for these drives. If the host computer was running 10.12.6 or earlier prior to installing the OS, the Aura Pro X drives will not work as expected.
Additional Installation Requirements
- Mac mini: remove the entire thermal pad before installing the drive.
- Mac Pro: remove the entire thermal pad, then install the optional heat sink (OWCAURAPROXHS) before installing the drive. See web page for details: www.owcdigital.com/mpheatsink
- MacBook Pro, MacBook Air: please leave the thermal pad in place.
- Note that unformatted drives may not initially appear in the 10.13 Disk Utility. This article provides more detail.