Created on: November 6, 2019
Changes and Features:
- Adds compatibility for macOS 10.15, Catalina
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Removes SoftRAID Easy Setup application from the SoftRAID disk images.
- new web guides without Easy Setup will be available soon.
- Adds support for upcoming OWC multi-drive enclosures to SoftRAID XT and SoftRAID Lite XT
- Notice for 5.8.1: if you wish to run SoftRAID 5.8.1 or later, you must also be running macOS 10.15.1 or later.
- Notice for users with T2 Macs: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina requires the Secure Boot feature to be disabled on Macs with T2 chips, in order for the SoftRAID driver to be loaded. Click here for instructions on temporarily disabling System Integrity Protection (SIP) to update/install the SoftRAID driver.
- SoftRAID does not support creating, modifying or converting APFS volumes.
- Links to Fusion and BootCamp drives and volumes are not displayed correctly in the SoftRAID user interface.