Social Media ManagerMarketing | Reports to Director of MarketingJOB SUMMARY:
As a Social Media Manager for OWC you will lead an evolving social media team. You will be responsible for helping to develop and execute the social media strategy that engages consumers, bringing them closer to our brand and the products we bring to market.
You will be responsible for finding creative ways to interject our brand into conversations with consumers to drive strategic value to the company’s overall reputation. While driving community engagement, you will come to intimately know our audiences and identify influencers that authentically fit us, building relationships with those influencers. We need you to deliver real-time insights through social listening that can impact our brand communication plans. The role will deliver on our strategic approach to social communication as well as day-to-day executions of those strategies. You will work collaboratively on day-to-day management of conversations on all social media platforms for the OWC brand. You will help guide and provide information to our internal and external partners as well as those agencies who support us socially around the world.
For social media, you'll be focused on understanding our owned communities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, etc. as well as working to understand the other conversations outside of this.
Our goals include driving overall brand and product awareness as well as meaningful engagement with our fans, followers and those who could potentially become part of our community.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with our Blog Manager and will manage and mentor our Social Media Specialist. We are seeking candidates who live and breathe social media. As in, they really love social media.
• Engage in conversation as the official voice of OWC in social media
• Contribute to videos, blog posts, graphics, web content and email on our social channels and other digital properties
• Develop social posts for editorial calendar in coordination with the marketing and editorial teams
• Create weekly and monthly reports to provide social and content insights to the broader marketing and management teams
• Monitor conversations about our brand using social media monitoring tools and respond where appropriate.
• Identify opportunities to leverage social media in new ways and continue to grow engagement with our online communities
• Manage paid fan acquisition and content promotion campaigns for social media channels
• Use social analytics and insights to inform editorial opportunities
• Other projects and duties as opportunities ariseDuties and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-4 years Journalism, marketing, digital or social media experience
• Availability to monitor social media channels daily, including evenings and weekends.
• Strong writing skills with experience creating highly engaging social media posts
• Passion for creating and consuming new content types including graphics, pictures, illustrations, videos, etc. and distributing these assets to our social community
• A self-starter with the willingness, and desire, to "roll up your sleeves" and get the job done
• Experience using social media monitoring tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams
• Preference for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience analyzing and summarizing data to identify trends and make recommendations
• Experience creating and managing paid social advertising campaigns
• Overwhelming passion for today's social networking technologies