Technical Experience RepresentativeCall Center | Reports to Call Center DirectorAbout OWC:
OWC is a fast-paced, friendly atmosphere that advocates ingenuity and encourages every employee to contribute ideas towards the discovery of the next innovative concept that could change the world of technology. Our shared vision of the ultimate customer experience is a key component to achieving the industry-leading results OWC has become known for around the globe. We firmly believe that the best in life is obtained through dedicated teamwork and creativity.
OWC is an environmentally conscious company committed to the conservation of our planet's resources through the use of renewable energy and company-wide recycling programs. Today OWC is recognized as a leading zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company. Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing the highest quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988, specializing in Mac upgrades and expansion products. We have one of the largest online catalogs for computer, iPod, and iPhone enhancement products through our e-commerce portalwww.macsales.com.
OWC offers great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, short/long term disability, HSA and FSA accounts and a wellness program. We provide paid time off and 6 paid holidays as well as a clean temperature-controlled environment. We value our employees so there is potential for career growth, cross functional training in other areas and annual performance reviews.
The essential purpose of this position is to answer and resolve customer questions, concerns, and issues of sales and customer service nature through phone calls, emails, and live chats while adhering to the Call Center and company policy and procedures. One can expect taking between 30-65 customer contacts a day when focusing on phone support. One can expect taking between 60-90 customer contacts a day when focusing on live chat support.
• Assist customers with presales and customer service requests
• Perform “Level 1” hardware/software troubleshooting on products sold through MacSales.com
• Issue Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMAs) to customers as needed
• Use customer relationship management tool to document customer interactions and reply to customer emails
• Follow up on unprocessed customer orders and credits
• Stay educated on new and updated policies, products, and procedures by reviewing internal training resources
Knowledge and Communication Skills:
• Must be able to effectively communicate across the organization
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent typing and computer skills are required
• Ability to think critically and outside of the box
• Must be able to quickly learn and retain policies and procedures
• Must be able to multitask
• Must possess excellent time management skills
Decision Making Authority:
At OWC, Customer Experience Representatives are empowered to make exceptions to company policies as they see fit, however they are expected to present detailed reasoning demonstrating business minded decision making for doing so.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Location: Woodstock, IL 60098
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Shifts: Weekdays 11:00AM-8:00PM
This job will require you to pass a background checkDuties and Responsibilities: