300Mbps Wireless Broadband Router
The EDIMAX BR-6428nS is designed with the latest green technology. By detecting the amount of wireless transference and supplying only the amount of power needed, this router is able to ensure the highest wireless performance while saving up to 66% of the usual power consumption. Even when it is in full loading, the BR-6428nS uses 50% less power compared to other non-green 300Mbps routers.
Wireless 802.11n Standard (data rates up to 300Mbps)
The EDIMAX BR-6428nS is a high-speed solution that complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards. The latest wireless technology is built into this router to broaden its wireless coverage by 5 times**. When it is connected to other 802.11n devices, the BR-6428nS can achieve transmission rates of up to 300Mbps. With such performance at such a competitive price, the BR-6428nS is truly the most cost-effective solution for any home or small business environment.
Shares a Single Internet Connection with up to 253 Clients
With NAT (Network Address Translation) capability, the EDIMAX BR-6428nS allows up to 253 wired or wireless clients to access a single Internet connection simultaneously.
Flexible WISP ( Wireless Internet Service Provider) Connection Mode
With WISP support, the BR-6428nS is able to access the Internet wirelessly from an ISP access point and turn it into a wired or wireless network for multiple users in your home or office.
Easy Setup with EZmax Multi-Language Wizard*
In addition to the built-in, multi-language user interface, a unique EZmax multi-language setup wizard is included in the installation CD. The animated and easy-to-follow instructions will guide you through the setup process and allow you to set up the router within minutes.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Button
The EDIMAX BR-6428nS has a one-click WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button to help you set up and activate a secure wireless network in a snap.
*The EZMax Setup CD Wizard only supports Edimax wireless routers.
**Maximum performance, actual data rates and coverage may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors. Stated ranges are based on independent test results and are not guaranteed.
- Complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards
- Built-in hardware WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button
- Includes EZmax multi-language setup wizard for Internet connection, wireless settings, and firmware upgrade
- Supports WMM, WEP, WPA, WPA2, DDNS, QoS, IP/MAC filter, DMZ, and virtual server
Manufacturer Part Number
- 1 x RJ-45 WAN port
- 4 x RJ-45 Fast Ethernet LAN ports
- LED Indicators: Power, Wireless, WAN, LNK/ACT for LAN
- 3dBi fixed antenna x 2
- WPS/Reset button
- Supports AP, AP client, Bridge, Bridge+ WDS, and Universal Repeater modes
- Port Triggering for special applications
- DDNS and SIP
- Virtual Server and DMZ hosting
- MAC/IP filter and URL blocking
- Static routing
- UPnP architecture
- VPN Pass-Through (IPSec/PPTP)
- Schedule control
- 12-language user interface
- Supports remote management
- System status and security log
- Firmware upgradable
- Supports WISP connection mode
- Supports RJ-45 cable/xDSL modems
- WAN protocol: PPPoE, static IP, PPTP, dynamic IP, L2TP, Telstra Big Pond
- NAT/NAPT IP sharing
- 64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security
- DHCP Server/Client
- QoS for critical operations
- SPI Anti-DoS Firewall
- EZmax multi-language setup wizard
Manufacturer provided specifications for Edimax p/n BR-6428nS UPC#: 649659019577
Output Power & Sensitivity Gain
- 11n: 16±1dBm,
- 11g: 16±1dBm
- 11b: 18±1dBm
- 11n (40MHz):
- 11n (20MHz):
- 11g: -74dBm,
- 11b: -87dBm
- 5.3" x 3.4" x 1.0" (13.4 x 8.8 x 2.6 cm)
- Broadband router (main body, 1 pcs)
- Quick Installation Guide (1 pcs)
- One CD-ROM (Including the Setup Wizard, Multi-languages Quick Installation Guide and User Manual)
- 5V DC power adapter (1 pcs)
- Ethernet Cable