Thunderbolt™ 2 RAID Enclosure
Mac / PC / Thunderbolt 2 / RAID
Integrated Hardware RAID
Affordable, Not Entry Level!
The most affordable Thunderbolt™ 2 hardware RAID solution
The RocketStor 6318A is the industry's most affordable 8-Bay Thunderbolt™ 2 hardware RAID Tower Enclosure, and is an ideal solution for high-performance media applications. The RocketStor 6318A comes fully loaded with a complete RAID feature set, superior performance, and the rock-solid reliability of Hardware RAID storage, without the enterprise price tag.
The compact tower enclosure and built-in RAID-on-Chip architecture supports fast, highly reliable RAID 5 and 50 configurations, yet is light enough for portable applications. The stylish, brushed aluminum chassis features dual 20Gbps Thunderbolt™ 2 ports and eight removable hot-swap bays , which support any 2.5" or 3.5" Enterprise /NAS class SATA / SAS hard drive or SSD of your choice, and up to 64TB of total storage capacity!
Hardware RAID solution with open architecture
Like its sister model, the 4-Bay RocketStor 6314A, the RocketStor 6318A's "open" enclosure architecture grants customers the freedom to use their choice of SAS or SATA storage device; SSD's for performance or large hard disks for maximum capacity, from all major drive brands including HGST, Seagate, Toshiba and WDC.
Moreover, the RocketStor 6318A provides advanced configuration features for customers that need to fine tune storage for specific applications or create multiple arrays, such as RAID Rebuild Priority, RAID Block Size selection, and DV Mode.
- Thunderbolt 2—Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 Ports for Daisy-chaining and Thunderbolt™ display devices
- RAID—Integrated Hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 & JBOD
- Capacity—Supports up to eight 8TB SAS/SATA HDD via Hot-Swappable drive bays
- DV Mode—Ensure consistent, sustained high-performance transfers for media-rich applications
- User Friendly—Intuitive web-based management interface is available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
- HighPoint Technologies 3 Year Limited Warranty
The RocketStor 6318A is ideal for any Storage Application that requires Hardware RAID Class Redundancy, Performance and Protection without the enterprise-class pricing!
HighPoint Technologies' industry proven hardware RAID-on-Chip architecture incorporates dedicated ARM based processors and RAID5/6 CRC32 engines with internal DDR3 memory to optimize transfer speeds and accelerate access times. This allows RocketStor 6318A to work independently and minimize the storage configuration's impact on the host system's resources.
HighPoint Technologies' innovative DV Mode Technology intelligently manages the flow of large data blocks and write-back caching in order to minimize latency and ensure consistent, sustained high-performance transfers for media-rich applications.
Uncompromised Data Availability and Security
Administrators can initialize or schedule RAID verification sessions that check each disk or parity consistency; If any problems are found, the RocketStor6318A will immediately rebuild the array to ensure the integrity of your data.
Storage Health Inspector (SHI) proactively maintains the health of the entire storage system by examining each member of an array for failed sectors, and Dynamically Repair or Remap disks on the fly to keep your storage ready and able.
User Friendly Management Suite
The intuitive, user-friendly web-based management interface is available for Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems. Novices and experts alike, can quickly and easily configure, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices, all from a single, unified software suite.
Advanced Management Features allow customers to configure Email notification to inform one or more users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment, and manage storage remotely via a local network connection.
HighPoint Technologies Part Number
- OS X 10.8.3 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt™ 10Gb/s interface
- Recommended (Best performance)
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt™ 2 interface
- (8) 3.5" SATA 6 Gb/s drives, or
- (8) 3.5" SAS 6 Gb/s drives, or
- (8) 2.5" SATA 6 Gb/s drives
- Up to 64 TB via 8 TB drives
RAID Modes Supported
- Hardware: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and Independent drive mode
- Browser-Based management suite
- Alarm buzzer when failed array occurs
- Email alert notifications
Manufacturer provided specifications for Highpoint Technologies p/n 6318A UPC#: 643653631810
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 41° – 113°
- Temperature (°C) 5° – 45°
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) −40° – 149°
- Temperature (°C) −40° – 65°
- Height: 13.8 in (35.1 cm)
- Width: 15.1 in (38.4 cm)
- Length: 9.06 in (23.0 cm)
- RocketSTOR 6138A Tower Enclosure
- (8) Drive Tray
- (2) Mounting Screw set for HDD/SSD
- Thunderbolt Cable
- UL Power Cord
- Quick Installation Guide