6big Thunderbolt™ 3
24.0TB 6-Bay Desktop RAID Storage
Mac / PC / Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C / RAID
Think Big—We've Got You Covered
design by neil poulton
Thunderbolt 3: Think bigger. Deliver faster.
For the 6big,LaCie harnessed the breakthrough performance potential of the Thunderbolt 3 I/O and squeezed the absolute best speeds out of the hard drives. We added a hardware RAID controller and 7200RPM drives, and the result is astonishing.
For lightning-fast video workflows
That kind of speed can slash time off nearly every task in your post-production workflow. Ingest hours of RAW footage from a Blackmagic® cinema camera into Adobe® Premiere® Pro in a fraction of the time. Then edit multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 XQ, as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video. For big projects packed with high-def clips, thumbnail and preview rendering becomes much more responsive.
And for your smartest workspace
With double the video bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain dual 4K displays or a single 5K display to the LaCie 12big or 6big. With two 4K displays, you can spread out your workspace by dedicating one display to your timeline and the other to previewing 4K footage, for example. It's even possible to power a compatible laptop through the Thunderbolt 3 connection
- Up to 1400MB/s read/write speeds
- Includes LaCie RAID Manager with powerful features and a straightforward setup
- Hardware RAID 0,5,6, and 50
- LaCie 5 Year Limited Warranty
Bigger in every way. Except in footprint.
With up to 60TB on your desktop, you can safely store massive amounts of ultra hi-res footage.
Consolidate: Instead of buying a new storage device every time you need more capacity, invest up front in a future-proof, RAID-protected solution. Improve data access and security, which can save money in the long term.
Organize: Divide your storage into multiple volumes according to your workflow. Create one volume for ingesting transcoded clips and current projects and another for archiving final footage.
Expand: Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain up to six devices to a computer via a single cable. So you could connect up to six LaCie 12big together, bringing a jaw-dropping 720TB to your computer.
Field-proven reliability for maximum confidence
6big features 256MB cache, 7200RPM Seagate enterprise-class drives for superb accessibility, reliability, and robust performance. Designed to operate 24/7 on 16-bay racks (instead of 8/5 operations for traditional hard drives), these HDDs are rated for 8760 hours of operation per year for extraordinary availability. The 6big also feature a five-year limited warranty that covers drives, enclosure, and spare parts-ensuring a solid, long-term investment.
LaCie Part Number
- OS X 10.10.5 or later
- Windows 8.1 or later
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface or
- Mac or PC featuring USB 3.1 Type-C interface
- 600MB free disk space
- Any Mac that supports booting via Thunderbolt or USB
- (2) Thunderbolt 40Gbps
- (1) USB 3.1 Type-C 1
- (6) 4.0TB Seagate Enterprise-class 7200RPM HDD
- RAID 0
- 1400MB/s Read
- 1400MB/s Write
- Speeds will vary based on drives used, setup, and other factors
Daisy Chain Support
- Yes: up to five Thunderbolt 3 or one USB 3.1 device or a high-resolution display via a single USB-C cable
- Kensington Lock compatible
- AES 256-bit software encryption
- Encryption software is only available via download and is not available in Russia
1. USB limitations: a single volume mounts on the host, and speeds are limited to approximately 400MB/s.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Lacie p/n STFK24000400 UPC#: 763649091463
- 6big Thunderbolt 3
- Power cable
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 40Gb/s or USB 3.1 10Gb/s) cable
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- Hard disks
- Quick Install Guide