16.0TB mini-SAS 8-Bay JBOD/Expander Rack
Mac / PC / mini-SAS
OWC affordability, reliability, and ease of use in a 2U rack space
- Highest performance
- Flexible SATA+SAS array architecture optimizes cost
- 8 external high-speed SAS ports for maximum mass-storage connectivity
- SATA+SAS interconnect proven through the LSI robust serial technology
- Environmentally friendly due to low-power consumption
- Compatible with 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s, SATA and SAS, hard disk drives, solid state drives, and tape drives
Get Truly Massive Storage with Jupiter
The Jupiter Storage System truly lives up to its namesake's stature. When utilizing Jupiter Switches, your system can be built to accommodate up to a massive 3600TB (3.6 Petabytes), making it perfect for small businesses striving to meet growing storage needs on a limited budget.
Unsurpassed Speed in Creative Environments
Jupiter combines its massive storage with incredible speed. Jupiter JBOD/Expander Racks have two 24Gbps mini-SAS ports for up to an unsurpassed 48Gb/s data rate - making it ideal for professional video teams, graphic design workgroups, and other creative environments.
This ultra-fast interface is perfect when constant and consistent data access performance is absolutely crucial in preventing dropped frames during capture, video editing or playback. And if you're a graphic designer, you'll experience virtually no lag or downtime when creating and working with even the largest images, saving you time and money. Jupiter excels at keeping you working at a smooth rate no matter what your profession.
The Right Storage for Your Needs
The Jupiter 8-Bay JBOD/Expander Rack supports eight 3.5" drives to give you ample storage space and utilizes enterprise-class drives to provide top-of-the-line performance and reliability. The Jupiter JBOD/Expander Rack can also utilize solid-state drives to best fit your performance needs.
Easy to Expand
The Jupiter 8-Bay JBOD/Expander Rack's two external mini-SAS connectors make expansion a breeze. While you can utilize both connections to the host for 48Gb/s of aggregated bandwidth, you can also utilize one connection for the host and the second connection for adding RAID storage or extra capacity.
Don't limit your growth. With Jupiter racks, you can meet your expanding storage needs without breaking your budget.
Built around LSI technology, Jupiter components are constructed from an award-winning, trusted source to give you maximum peace of mind when using your system.
- 6Gb/s SAS interface
- Two x4 external mini-SAS (SFF-8088) connectors
- Utilize both connections to host for 48Gb/s of aggregated bandwidth
- Utilize one for host and the second for expansion to additional storage units
- 2U Rackmount design
- Eight 3.5" drive bays
- Supports SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs
- Redundant (1+1) and hot swappable power supplies
- Hot swappable, variable speed fan modules
- System status at a glance front mounted drive, power, and fan status lights
- RAID supported via mini-SAS equipped SAS host controller cards
- RoHS compliant
- 3 year warranty
For mount screws not supplied, consult your rack manufacturer specs.
- Jupiter 6G-ER835 Rack
- Flash drive containing Jupiter manuals, drives, and software
- Slide rails
- Eight M5 pan head screws
- Twelve M5 cage nuts
- Four M5 enclosure securing screws
- Eight drive trays with drives attached
- Two power cables (North America)
- Rail extensions
Storage Connectivity & Rates
- 8 ports, 6Gb/s SAS 2.1 compliant
*1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
- Spare drives avalible here.
Drive Rotation Speed
Drive Cache Size
- 512 Megabyte (2 Drives with 64MB (16,384) cache each)
- Half duplex, 600 MB/s per lane
- Two extermal mini-SAS connectors (SFF8088)
- Two x4 wide ports (total of eight x1 ports) - Each x4 wide port can be utilized as host connection or expansion connection
- Up to two SFF-8088 cables (passive)
Front Panel Indicators
Drive Bay Indicators
- 3.5"(H) x 19"(W) x 23"(D)
- 8.89cm(H) x 48.26cm(W) x 58.42cm(D)
- Square hole mounting hardware included, for round hole rack mounting, consult your rack specifications for proper hardware. Included rails support up to 19" (48.26cm) width and 30" (762mm) depth.
- Any SAS SFF-8088 equipped host system that supports SAS expander technology including Macs, PCs, and storage subsystems.
Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- Type: 380W High Efficiency 1+1 redundant, hot-swappable, and load-balancing power supply
- Operating Voltage: 90~264 VAC Full Range Auto-switching
- Operating Environment: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C); 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating Environment: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C); 10 to 95% non-condensing
- MTBF: 223,678 hours
- Up to eight 3.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s)
- Up to eight 2.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s) with adapter
- Drives of identical capacity / model are recommended for RAID configurations
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C)
- Operating: 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 10 to 95% non-condensing
**And Jupiter Internal RAID Subsystem Racks are fast inside and out. Under the hood, independent mini-SAS internal connections are terminated with 24Gb/s cables to allow for easy maintenance and upgradability.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n J6GER0830016TE
OWC 3 Year Solution Warranty
The best warranty is one you never have to use, but should the need occur - OWC is proud to provide a superior level of support and
warranty coverage to our customers. Even when not used, we understand the peace of mind afforded by a longer warranty period. OWC's industry
leading coverage is a testament to our confidence in the reliability of the solutions that we offer. OWC solutions are engineered to demanding
quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable, highest performance available on the market in each storage category.
View more information about the OWC 3 Year Solution warranty
Note: Do not disassemble or otherwise open your OWC solution prior to the conclusion of OWC's 3 year Warranty period. Doing so will void the
remainder of the OWC warranty.