Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini
2.0TB Bus-Powered Storage Solution
Mac / PC / USB 3.1 Gen 2
Portable RAID Powerhouse
Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini is the latest high-performance portable RAID from OWC. Packing dual-drive, USB 3.1 Gen 2 performance into a portable, bus-powered form factor, this is the perfect drive for high demand applications on the go. With ample capacities, no matter where you are, Elite Pro Dual mini delivers the performance and flexibility to meet the most extreme workflow requirements for pros working with rich media content.
RAID for Redundancy. RAID for Performance.
Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini features easily user selectable modes RAID 0 and RAID 1. Choose the configuration that suits your needs. In RAID 0, experience blistering data transfer speeds up to 738MB/s. Or select RAID 1 for greater data redundancy from mirrored disks.
Good Looks meet Great Design.
A rugged aluminum chassis designed for near silent fanless, cooling, keeps your drives protected, cool and quiet everywhere you go. The slimline, side-by-side configuration means Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini fits easily in your laptop or gear bag. And because it's fully bus-powered, Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini is the perfect solution for your portable creative workflow.
Quality You Can Trust
Like all OWC drives, Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini is built to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini is rigorously quality tested, and backed by an OWC 3 year limited warranty and 24/7 customer support.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Driver not required for OS X
- Driver not required for Windows
- Mac or PC with a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port (Standard-A or Type-C)
- Recommended (Best Performance)
- Mac or PC with a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port
Bootability 1, 2
Interface (Chipset) 3
- (1) USB 3.1 Gen 2 / SATA RAID Controller (ASMedia ASM1352R)
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Compliant
*1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
RAID Modes Supported
- RAID 0, 1, SPAN, and Independent drive mode
- RAID 0
- Included Drive Guide software will format the drive for either OS X or Windows
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output:, 12V @ 3A
- Replacement power supply sold separately
- Adapter plugs for international use sold separately
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 32° — 107°
- Temperature (°C) 0° — 42°
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) &min;40° — 185°
- Temperature (°C) &min;40° — 85°
- Height: 28 mm (1.1 in)
- Width: 155 mm (6.1 in)
- Length: 144 mm (5.7 in
Weight (without drives)
1. Booting in RAID 0, RAID 1, and SPAN mode are supported without limitation.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n MEMDC2SSD2.0 UPC#: 812437023954
2. The following limitations apply when booting in Independent mode: only the disk connected to Port 2 is bootable when both drives are installed. If only one drive is installed, the disk will boot regardless of which port it is connected to. Please check the Assembly Manual & User Guide for more details.
3. If connecting from a computer with USB 3.1 Gen 1 via Standard-A to USB-C adapter cable, the device will function at USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds. Currently the Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini is not compatible with the USB-C port on the OWC USB-C Dock. Please connect to one of the USB Standard-A ports instead. Performance is identical on all USB ports on the USB-C Dock.
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.
1. May be required for certain older (pre-2012 Macs and various PCs) USB 2.0/3.0 Type A models which may not provide the necessary power via bus.
- Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini portable high-performance enclosure
- 0.5m (18 in) USB Type-C to Type-C cable
- 0.5m (18 in) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Standard-A to Type-C cable
- External power supply and power cable1
- Quick Start Guide
Assembly manual & user guide (Download Only)
- Utility software bundle
Prosoft Engineering® Data Backup 3 for OS X v10.2.8 or later
Backup Made Easy. Data Backup makes it easy to backup to FireWire and USB drives, network drives, CDs
and even DVDs. Make schedules so you don't need to 'think' about backing up... It does it for you.
A $59.00 Value!
View detailed software info
, or click here to purchase software
separately from solution
NovaStor NovaBACKUP® Solution for Windows®
NovaBACKUP has been helping millions of users recover from data loss and disasters for over 18 years. Feature rich,
NovaBACKUP provides a powerful backup solution. Built-in support for hundreds of the most popular storage devices and
a step-by-step backup and restore wizard makes NovaBACKUP extremely easy to use. Requires Windows 2000 or later.
A $49.95 Value! View detailed software info
Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™
Intech SpeedTools consists of a suite of utilities managed by an application which controls the launching, documentation and version control of each
individual component utility, such as Disk Defrag and QuickBack. An easy-to-use installation and removal application is provided to make installation
a snap, yet powerful enough to allow you to customize which utility component set you would like to create.
An $89.95 Value!
View detailed software info
click here to purchase software
separately from solution
The best warranty is one you never have to use - but should the need occur - we're proud to provide a superior level of support and service coverage to our customers.
3 Year OWC Solution Limited Warranty
Complimentary 1 Year Level 1 Data Recovery
OWC is proud to provide a superior level of support and warranty coverage to our customers. Even when not used, we understand the peace of mind afforded by a longer warranty period. OWC's industry leading coverage is a testament to our confidence in the reliability of the solutions that we offer. OWC solutions are engineered to demanding quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable, highest performance available on the market in each storage category.