OWC Mercury Rack Pro
2.0TB 1U Quad Interface 4 Bay Enterprise
Class Performance RAID Solution
FireWire 800 / FireWire 400 / eSATA / eSATA Port-Multiplier / USB 3.0
Mac / PC
OWC affordability, reliability, and ease-of-use
in a single 1U rack space.
OWC Mercury Rack Pro RAID 5 storage solutions come pre-configured as a hardware controlled RAID 5 "stripe with parity" array to provide both speed and data protection to meet high-performance demands.
The OWC Mercury Rack Pro RAID 5 consists of four matched Enterprise Class SATA hard drives, up to 7200RPM; to provide the longest possible reliability and optimized performance.
Specifically designed to meet the performance demands of video and audio production, the OWC Mercury Rack Pro four Bay RAID 5 solution provides data transfer rates of over 300 Megabytes per second! Using the highest capacity Enterprise Class SATA hard drive mechanisms available, and offering Plug & Play simplicity, the possibilities are endless!
Control and manage your RAID settings with the OWC RAID Manager Visual Interface.
Note: OWC Mercury Rack Pro solutions do not include rack rails. If rails are required for your rack setup, OWC has them available. Click Here.
The Custom High Performance Chipset eSATA with Port-Multiplier capability, FireWire 800 (1394B), FireWire 400 (1394A), & USB 3.0 chipset, combined with the fastest SATA drive mechanisms available give OWC Mercury Rack Pro four Bay storage solutions some of the fastest drive transfer rates possible with eSATA exceeding 300 Megabytes per second!
A Top-Notch design using the best components gives the OWC Mercury Rack Pro an industry leading two year warranty and ensures the series is built to last!
OWC's A Closer Look
A Top-Notch design using the best components gives the OWC Mercury Rack Pro an industry leading five year warranty and ensures the series is built to last!
The OWC Mercury Rack Pro RAID series offers (1) eSATA port with eSATA Port-Multiplier capability, (2) FireWire 800 (1394B) ports, (1) FireWire 400 (1394A) port, and (1) USB 3.0 port for easy Plug and Play on ANY system! The OWC Mercury Rack Pro RAID even includes all needed connection cables!
Swap Drives at Will
When using the OWC Mercury Rack Pro in Independent mode*, all four drives appear on your system as individual volumes drives, so you can mix and match drives of any size and brand and hot swap** the drives too.
Smart Power regulates power during prolonged periods of inactivity to save operating costs and prolong component lifespan.
The OWC Mercury Rack Pro can easily be converted to a desktop form-factor via a Phillips screwdriver by simply removing the rack ears and installing the included anti-skid, vibration dampening feet.
*When using in independent mode via eSATA, you must use an eSATA Port Multiplier capable card.
Please see "Recommended eSATA Cards" in SPECS table and check for Port Multiplier compatibility.
**When using in Independent Mode and wanting to switch out one or more drives, ALL drives must be ejected (unmounted) from the Desktop to avoid data corruption.
From day one, the OWC Mercury Rack Pro Series has been designed to be everything you'd hope for and more!
- External OWC Mercury Rack Pro 4 Bay External Hard Drive
- High Quality Double Shielded eSATA connecting cable
- High Quality Double Shielded FireWire 800 (1394B) connecting cable (9-9 Pin cable)
- High Quality Double Shielded FireWire 400 (1394A) connecting cable (6-6 Pin cable)
- High Quality Double Shielded USB 3.0 conneting cable (A-B cable)
- Integrated ROHS, CE, and FCC compliant Power Supply
- Rack Mounting Handles
- Anti-skid, Vibration Dampening Desktop Mounting Feet
- Screws for Rack / Desktop Conversion
- OWC Mercury Rack Pro Assembly Manual & User Guide (624KB PDF)
- Backup and Utility software CD
- Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™ OEM (For Mac OS 8.6 - X only)
- ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup for Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP® for Windows 2000 or later
- Carbon Copy Cloner® for Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Over 1.5GB of Freeware/Shareware/Public domain software installed
- OWC 5 Year Solution Warranty with 48-Hour Turnaround Time
- Complimentary 6 Month Level 1 Data Recovery
- Custom High Performance eSATA with Port-Multiplier capability, FireWire 800 (1394B), FireWire 400 (1394A) and USB 3.0 Chipset
RAID / JBOD Support
- Rear panel selectable Hardware RAID settings - SPAN, 0, 1, 3, 5, 10 and
Non-RAID/Raid Ready: Independent Mode - Each drive appears as independent volume
- 4 x 500GB* Western Digital RAID Edition**
*1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
Drive Rotation Speed
Drive Cache Size
- 16MB per drive, 64MB total for the solution
- eSATA - 1 eSATA port
with Port-Multiplier capability
- FireWire 800 - (2) 9 pin ports
- FireWire 400 - (1) 6 pin port
- USB 3.0 - (1) "A" port
Max Data Transfer Rate
- eSATA - 300MB/s
- FireWire 800 - 100MB/s
- FireWire 400 - 50MB/s
- USB 3.0 - 500MB/s
- USB 2.0 - 60MB/s
- USB 1.1 - 1.5MB/s
Can I use this solution as an external startup drive?
- eSATA: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements. -
- FireWire 800: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements. -
- FireWire 400: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements. -
- USB 3.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements. -
- USB 2.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements. -
Recommended eSATA Cards
Recommended USB 3.0 Cards
Macintosh System Requirements
- eSATA: Macintosh with eSATA PCI Interface card. eSATA requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later. Including ‘Lion’ 10.7.x.
- FireWire 800* (1394B): Macintosh with FireWire 800 (1394B) interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 800 (1394B) card. FireWire 800 (1394B) requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later. Including ‘Lion’ 10.7.x.
- FireWire 400 (1394A): Macintosh with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 400 card. FireWire 400 requires Mac OS 8.6 or later. Including ‘Lion’ 10.7.x.
- USB 3.0: Macintosh OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, OS X 10.2.x or later. Including ‘Lion’ 10.7.x, and an available USB 3.0 port.
- Time Machine® Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later.
Windows System Requirements
- eSATA: Windows system with eSATA PCI Interface, either built in or via PCI eSATA card. eSATA requires Windows XP or later.
- FireWire 800 (1394B): Windows system with FireWire 800 (1394B) interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 800 (1394B) card. FireWire 800 (1394B) requires Windows XP or later.
- FireWire 400 (1394A): Windows system with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 400 card. FireWire 400 requires Windows XP or later.
- USB 3.0: Windows 98 or later and an available USB 3.0/USB 2.0/USB 1.1 port.
- Linux compatible via supported USB and FireWire interfaces.
- Three (3) 4cm Brushless, whisper quiet, constant speed fans
- UL Listed U.S./International Adjustable 100 ~ 240v, 50/60Hz, 200W (Max.) input Power Supply (adapter plugs for International use sold separately).
External Case Dimensions
- 11.9"(D) x 17.3"(W) x 1.7"(H)
- 30.3cm x 44cm x 4.5cm
- 11.9"(D) x 17.3"(W) x 2.2"(H) (with feet)
- 30.3cm x 44cm x 5.5cm (with feet)
- 11.9"D) x 19.2"(W) x 1.7"(H) (with rack mounting handles)
- 30.3cm x 48.7cm x 4.5cm (with rack mounting handles)
Enclosure Weight (no accessories)
- Approximately 10 lbs. (4.5kg)
- (operating) 5°C - 55°C (41°F - 131°F)
- (non-operating) -40°C - 65°C (-40°F - 149°F)
- (operating) 8% - 90% RH (Non-condensing)
- (non-operating) 5% - 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- 65G 2mS; (non-operating) 175G 2mS
- (operating) 1.0G (5 - 300Hz)
- (non-operating) 5.0G (5 - 500Hz)
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n OWMRPM3F8Q02.0E UPC#: 736211766854
OWC 5 Year Solution Warranty
The best warranty is one you never have to use, but should the need occur - OWC is proud to provide a superior level of support and
warranty coverage to our customers. Even when not used, we understand the peace of mind afforded by a longer warranty period. OWC's industry
leading coverage is a testament to our confidence in the reliability of the solutions that we offer. OWC solutions are engineered to demanding
quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable, highest performance available on the market in each storage category.
View more information about the OWC 5 Year Solution warranty
Note: Do not disassemble or otherwise open your OWC solution prior to the conclusion of OWC's 5 year Warranty period. Doing so will void the
remainder of the OWC warranty.
*The use of FireWire 800 interface while the Rack Pro is in RAID 5 setting is not recommended for optimum drive speed performance.
OWC RAID Manager Visual Interface for Mac OS X 10.5.x or later with Intel® processor.
Control and manage your RAID settings with this easy to use visual interface. The power of simplicity is evident in the OWC RAID Manager. With easy to follow options and menus, this convenient user interface adds a level of control and monitoring for unrivaled operating confidence.
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.