Mercury Electra™ 6G SSD
2.5" Serial-ATA 7mm Solid-State Drive
For High Speed Performance and Reliability
Mercury Electra SSDs deliver the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilizing SLC and 3D NAND for long-lasting, power-efficient performance. They offer a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
The Mercury SSD line features a suite of industry-leading controller technologies for performance and reliability:
- Global wear leveling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly and manage program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan.
- StaticDataRefresh manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, preventing data corruption.
- Hardware BCH ECC corrects errors up to 66-bit/1KB for superior data retention and drive life.
- S.M.A.R.T and TRIM command support.
- Standby power benefits to extend battery life for laptop road warriors.
No Risk, No Hassle 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
For more information on OWC return policies, click here.
This 6G SATA SSD delivers fast, reliable performance. It works as a hard drive upgrade internally and in bus-powered or self-powered external enclosures (any Mac, PC, or enclosure that supports 2.5" SATA drives, must support 7mm drive height).
With sequential reads up to 506MB/s and random reads up to 90K IOPS, the OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance.
High Performance Internal Storage
OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
- The perfect solution for everyday computing
- Latest flash NAND and controller technology
- Global wear leveling data distribution
- StaticDataRefresh freespace management
- Hardware BCH ECC (error correction)
- S.M.A.R.T and TRIM command support
- Standby power benefits to extend battery life for laptop road warriors
OWC's SSD vs HDD Shootout!