1.0 TB Aura Pro
Solid-state Drive and Envoy Pro Storage Solution
Demo Unit | Open Box
Mac / USB 3.0
For 2012 - early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display
Designed for you Mac
Once again, OWC provides Mac users the only upgrade solution that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. And current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. Now, instead of being "factory locked", the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include a free 'how-to' video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
The Aura Pro 6G SSD features a suite of industry leading controller technologies for performance and reliability.
- Global wear leveling algorithm automatically distributes data evenly and manages program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan.
- StaticDataRefresh technology manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, enhancing data integrity.
- Hardware BCH ECC corrects errors up to 66-bit/1KB for superior data retention and drive health.
- Best-in-class power consumption
- Advanced security protocols support AES 128/256-bit full-drive encryption
The Only Complete 2-in-1 Upgrade Solution:
- Upgrade your MacBook Pro with Retina display factory installed SSD with greater performance and capacity via the Aura Pro.
- Retask the replaced factory SSD as a bus-powered, pocket-sized external storage solution via the Envoy Pro.
Synchronous Interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be "synced" with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.
Ultra-portable, bus-powered external storage solution designed to complement the MacBook Pro with Retina display
The OWC Envoy Pro combines elegance and functionality into a sleek, portable external storage solution that complements the design and finish of the MacBook® Pro with Retina display. Its anodized aluminum body protects your drive and data, while its minimal size allows for simple stowing in coat pockets, backpacks or briefcases.
The USB 3.0 interface offers speedy transfer rates of up to 500MB/s and the Envoy Pro requires no AC power.
"Mean Time To Failure" – We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.