OWC ThunderBay 4
56.0TB 4-bay external drive
Dual Thunderbolt 2 | RAID Ready | 4 Drive Bays | Mac
The Speed You Need
- Fits both 2.5" and 3.5" drives
- Incredible Thunderbolt 2 throughput
- Plug and play RAID-ready
- Up to 858MB/s read / 822MB/s write RAID 0 performance 1
Empower your creative production workflow with this super-fast, 4-Bay, RAID-ready drive with dual Thunderbolt ports. Add vast amounts of high-performance storage with ThunderBay 4. Utilize each of the four internal drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup a multi-drive array for high-performance or data-redundancy.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
With ThunderBay's performance capabilities you can complete projects faster, have more time to experiment, and push your creations to the next level.
Enhance editing capabilities in video apps like Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Avid Media Composer. Empower greater audio production capabilities in audio apps like Avid Pro Tools and Logic Pro X. Edit large photos in apps like Adobe Photoshop, and browse large photo libraries in apps like Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom. Simply put, you can do more with a ThunderBay 4 enhanced workflow, and with a RAID 5 array you get data redundancy on top of great performance!
Certified and Tested
Each ThunderBay undergoes OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay arrives operating properly and ready for demanding use.
Includes SoftRAID: Easy and Complete Drive Management
Now you can quickly access and robustly protect your data with SoftRAID XT. SoftRAID easy setup makes it a breeze to create RAID volumes by helping you through the entire process. With multiple RAID options, you decide what you’re using your RAID volume for and how much space to allocate to it. It's that simple to create your preference of speed and/or redundancy for your data volume.
- Flexible: create RAID 0 and 1 volumes with SoftRAID Lite XT (Windows and Mac)
- Advanced: create RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 1+0 (10) volumes (RAID 6, 6+ coming in 2020) and get email notifications for drive and RAID volume health with SoftRAID XT (Mac only)
- Verify: volume validation ensures sectors can be read, parity is correct, and any potential volume failure is minimized
- Certified: drives are validated before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: predictive warnings help protect against unexpected drive failure
- Cross-platform ready: SoftRAID Lite includes built-in MacDrive technology that lets you read/write SoftRAID RAID 0 and RAID 1 arrays and use them interchangeably with Windows and macOS computers
- Outperforms: up to 86% faster than AppleRAID
- Thorough: full TRIM support improves internal and external SSD performance in all RAID levels
- Risk-free: 30-day free trial of fully functional application
4 drive bays plus so much more.
1. Read and write speeds of sequential, incompressible data.