Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Mac / Thunderbolt 3
13 ports, Endless Possibilities
With the 13 ports you need, OWC's new Thunderbolt 3 Dock brings unbelievable connectivity to your laptop through an included Thunderbolt 3 cable, and, delivers charging power to your laptop and other devices, all at the fastest speeds possible.
Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers more connectivity, more power, and more charging capability than ever before all at the fastest speed available today so all your connected devices perform at their maximum. Drive two 4K displays, connect and charge up to six USB devices, work with legacy FireWire storage, enjoy pristine audio, wired networks, and read SD cards, all with twice the throughput of Thunderbolt 2 and all through a single cable. The possibilities are endless.
Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Delivering the fastest, most versatile connection currently available — up to 40Gb/s.
Five USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports
The most ubiquitous interface on the planet delivers 5Gb/s data speed, as well as high power to your devices.
SD Card Reader
With a front-facing SD card reader, easily transfer every captured moment. Copy photos and movies from your media cards direct to your Mac.
Expanded Analog Audio
Seamlessly connect external speakers and other audio equipment, listen to your favorite music, create podcasts and more with added audio-in and headphone ports.
Gigabit Ethernet brings access to high-speed, reliable wired networks back to your Mac.
Connect your favorite legacy devices directly to your new workflow hub.
View your world
Because Thunderbolt 3 delivers phenomenal bandwidth up to 40Gb/s, Thunderbolt 3 Dock can be the foundation of your perfect custom display setup. Add two ultra HD 4K displays, or a combination of 4K, HD and other displays with the mini DisplayPort port and additional Thunderbolt 3 port.
Connect with your workflow
If you're a pro working in the creative industries, you probably have a unique workflow, complete with specialized and legacy ports like FireWire and optical audio. The OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock supports FW800 and S/PDIF digital audio, as well as an SD card reader and analog stereo audio to integrate and improve the workflow you already know.
Quality and support you can trust
OWC is proud to provide outstanding support and warranty coverage to our customers delivering the peace of mind offered by long warranty periods. OWC's industry leading coverage is a testament to the reliability of our solutions. All OWC connectivity products are engineered to demanding quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable performance available on the market.
Thunderbolt 3 Dock Specifications:
- High-power USB support is required for compatibility with the Apple SuperDrive and Apple USB keyboard, and is required to enable high-speed charging for Apple iPads, iPhones and other higher-power capable devices. To enable high-power USB support, an easy software update is required, including restart following this installation. Driver for macOS
- Mac featuring built-in Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Compatible with bootable USB devices
- Thunderbolt 3: Intel DSL6540
- USB: Fresco Logic FL1100EX
- Ethernet: Intel i210
- S/PDIF Audio: C Media CM6533
- Headphone / Mic: C Media CM6533
- Firewire 800: LSI FW643E2 1
- SD 3.0: Genesis Logic GL3224
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports (downstream port can support USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices)
- (1) mini DisplayPort
- (4) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Standard-A ports (rear) - 1 compliant with Battery Charging 1.2 spec
- (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Standard-A port (front) - compliant with Battery Charging 1.2 spec
- (1) SD 3.0 media card reader
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet
- (1) S/PDIF digital audio port (output only)
- (1) Hybrid 3.5 mm headphone / mic jack
- (1) FireWire 800 port
- Supports up to one 5K display at 60Hz or two 4K displays at up to 60Hz1
- Thunderbolt 3 port supports video up to 5K @ 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K @ 60Hz via a Thunderbolt2 display or a USB-C display adapter
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2 port supports up to 4K @ 60Hz
- Can power / charge TB3 laptops up to 60W
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output: 20V, 6.75A
- Adapter plugs for international use sold separately
Environmental (Operating Temperature)
- (°F) 32° — 104°
- (°C) 0° — 40°
Environmental (Non-Operating Temperature)
- (°F) −4° — 158°
- (°C) −20° — 70°
- Height: 25 mm (1.0 in)
- Width: 230 mm (9.1 in)
- Length: 89 mm (3.5 in)
1. Resolutions and refresh rates will vary depending upon hardware, connections, and OS being utilized. Dock does not support display daisy-chains via MST (Multi-Stream Transport).
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n TB3DK13PSL UPC#: 812437023800
2. Native Thunderbolt 3 display or Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 display using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.
(27-inch Late 2017)
Model ID: iMacPro1,1
3.2GHz 8-core, 3.0GHz 10-core, 2.3GHz 14-core, 2.5GHz 18-core
Install Videos coming soon
iMac w/Retina 5K display
(27-inch Mid 2017)
3.4GHz i5, 3.5GHz i5, 3.8GHz i5, 4.2GHz i7
Install Videos coming soon
iMac w/Retina 4K display
(21.5-inch Mid 2017)
3.0GHz i5, 3.4GHz i5, 3.6GHz i7
iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2017)
MacBook Pro (15-inch Touch Mid 2017)
Model ID: MacBookPro14,3
2.8GHz i7, 2.9GHz i7, 3.1GHz i7
MacBook Pro (13-inch Touch Mid 2017)
Model ID: MacBookPro14,2
3.1GHz i5, 3.3GHz i5, 3.5GHz i7
MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina display Mid 2017)
Model ID: MacBookPro14,1
2.3GHz i5, 2.5GHz i7
MacBook Pro (15-inch Touch Late 2016)
Model ID: MacBookPro13,3
2.6GHz, 2.7GHz, 2.9GHz
MacBook Pro (13-inch Touch Late 2016)
Model ID: MacBookPro13,2
2.9GHz, 3.1GHz, 3.3GHz
MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina display Late 2016)
Model ID: MacBookPro13,1
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- 0.5 m (18 inches) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power supply and power cable
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide (download only)
The best warranty is one you never have to use - but should the need occur - we're proud to provide a superior level of support and service coverage to our customers.
2 Year OWC Limited Warranty
OWC is proud to provide a superior level of support and warranty coverage to our customers. Even when not used, we understand the peace of mind afforded by a longer warranty period. OWC's industry leading coverage is a testament to our confidence in the reliability of the solutions that we offer. OWC solutions are engineered to demanding quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable, highest performance available on the market in each storage category.