More Powerful Than You Can Imagine
In a fast-paced, professional environment, time is money and performance is everything. The success of your project depends on quick data processing and demands performance and efficiency working with uncompressed, high bandwidth content streams. ThunderBlade delivers the performance to match – capable of unbelievable transfer speeds up to 2800MB/s. And with SoftRAID, two ThunderBlades can reach dizzying heights up to 3800MB/s.
Don't Take Our Word for It
ThunderBlade continues to impress audio and video experts as an innovative and revolutionary drive. ThunderBlade recently took home two top awards from the 2019 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas. ThunderBlade received the BaM Award in the “Store” category and was named Future’s Best of Show. Both awards are evaluated by industry experts and recognize innovative technology that delivers real business and creative benefits.
At Home on the Road
Designed to be rugged and dependable as well as blazing fast, ThunderBlade is equally at home on the road, on set or in the edit suite. It's compact and tough enough to withstand even the roughest treatment in between locations, and it comes complete with its own ballistic hard-shell case for even greater protection. And with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, ThunderBlade fits your workflow daisy-chain perfectly.
RAID Made Easy
Harness the full capability of your OWC drive array with the included SoftRAID XT, the most powerful, intuitive RAID management software on the market for macOS and Windows. SoftRAID’s RAID creation and management technology has been finely tuned to perfection with over 20 years of development to provide rock solid protection of your data and optimize drive performance.
Packed with Features
SoftRAID XT provides an unbeatable combination of speed, protection, and compatibility:
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) arrays1
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Mac and PC2 with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
Beyond Hardware RAID
SoftRAID provides a level of storage performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID. Software RAID gives you increased power and control over your RAID drives and disks that hardware RAID can’t deliver and doesn’t lock you into technology that you can’t upgrade or expand.
- RAID 4/1+0 (10) is available for Mac only at this time.
- SoftRAID serial numbers work on both Mac and Windows. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. In order to use SoftRAID on multiple computers, you will need a unique, valid license per computer. Additional licenses can be purchased anytime.
OWC ThunderBlade X Spacer
Quickly and securely connect two ThunderBlade drives and stack them vertically – no tools required! Save precious desk space while allowing the drives to run cool and fast.
Stabilize Thunderbolt and USB-C Cables
Active workspaces expose gear to bumps, shoves, or even the random tail wag from a pet. OWC ClingOn custom cable stabilizers (available separately) screw into the OWC Dock or OWC Drive housing to reduce – if not completely eliminate – cable strain on Thunderbolt and USB-C connections so you can work with confidence even in the highest foot traffic environments.
OWC Thunderbolt Cable Included
OWC ThunderBlade solutions come with a certified 0.7M OWC Thunderbolt Cable. But if your workflow demands a different length to make the connection, OWC Thunderbolt (USB-C) Cables are the perfect choice.
OWC, Trusted by Pros & Enthusiasts the World Over
We build our hardware to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, we rigorously quality test and back our hardware with a 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty and award-winning customer support.Learn More
- Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable (available separately). This configuration provides data transfer at up to 20Gb/s but does not support notebook charging.