More information about software
DiskTester™ is a 64-bit application which tests drive performance and reliability for single volumes or RAID.
- The fill-volume command is your smart move for forcing bad blocks to be mapped
you get a new hard drive, as well as for graphing performance across the volume;
- The recondition command brings your solid state drive (SSD) back up in performance.
- The run-streams command helps video users determine if their hardware can support multiple video streams.
DiskTester can also be used for testing digital camera cards, network performance, or comparing single-drive performance with SATA, FireWire and USB. Its sophisticated testing approach offers the most consistent and reliable results available on the Mac today.
DiskTester runs on Apple's Mac OS 10.5.x (Leopard) and 10.6.x (Snow Leopard).
MemoryTester is a 64-bit application designed to "stress test" your Mac, particularly memory.
- Use MemoryTester on a new computer to "burn in" your computer and make sure your memory,
CPU, motherboard and cooling systems are all functioning properly under load.
- Use MemoryTester after you add more RAM to your computer to make sure the RAM is good.
- Use MemoryTester if your computer is behaving strangely or exhibiting instability to narrow down the cause.
- Use MemoryTester to measure scalability performance with CPU cores.
- "There is no other tool that will stress test your Mac® like MemoryTester can. If your Mac passes an
extended test, you can have a high degree of confidence that the memory and Mac are reliable."
MemoryTester runs on Apple's Mac OS 10.5.x (Leopard) and 10.6.x (Snow Leopard).
IntegrityChecker™ provides ultra-efficient validation of your data, including your originals and backups.
Even single-bit errors are detected, anywhere in a file, using the cryptographic grade SHA1 hash.
IntegrityChecker is the perfect tool when moving data (backing up, switching systems, etc), because you can verify that all data has 100% fidelity to the original copy. And you can do so a day, a week or a month later, an important consideration if a system meltdown requires restoring all your data.
- Validate the integrity of your files at any time, even backups on CDs or DVDs*!
- See which files have changed by date or size or contents.
- Detect file corruption and/or inability to read files (e.g., on DVD or CD*).
- Have confidence your files are intact.
Both a GUI and a command-line interface are supplied. Most users will find the GUI suits their needs.
For full control over test parameters, IntegrityChecker can be run in Terminal as a command line interface.
* Validation of files requires that you previously ran IntegrityChecker to generation validation data.
The diglloydTools™ suite is available as a single-user license. Use is subject to the License Agreement.
The license includes download of software updates (if any) for two (2) years and use by a single person
on up to two (2) computers. Commercial and/or lab use requires one licensed copy per machine.
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.5 (Leopard) only.
- Intel Macs only (no Power PC)
- 512MB RAM