PCI Express Solid State Drive
No drivers* are required making Accelsior a simple
Plug and Play bootable solution.
3 Year Warranty
One Of The Easiest Upgrades You Can Install
If you can install a memory module, you'll find adding this high-performance card into your desktop/tower machine a breeze. By utilizing the fastest data interface available in a Apple Mac® Pro or PC—the PCIe slot—Mercury Accelsior offers nearly 3x faster performance than a 3Gb/s SSD...and beyond even 6Gb/s SSDs!
Experience supercharged speeds up to 762MB/s read and 763MB/s write and stop waiting for I/O-intensive apps like Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Pro Tools to render, capture or process. With up to 100K IOP/s, business critical applications are given an instant boost while Accelsior's extreme performance speed dramatically reduces game level-loading, object streaming, and save times for more play time and less waiting.
Mac and PC Bootable with No Driver* Setup
Bootable on PCs and the only Mac-bootable/supported PCIe SSD available, Mercury Accelsior delivers near instant startup and app launching. And with a driverless* setup, it's truly a Plug and Play, high-performance solution
A More Efficient & Reliable Computing Experience
Massively boosting data transfer rates is only one of the benefits to the Mercury Accelsior. With its SandForce Driven™ SSDs, you'll enjoy a more responsive and productive computing experience, cooler and quieter processing, and greater energy efficiency compared to standard hard drives. Those benefits don't come at the expense of reliability however; SandForce RAISE™ technology provides RAID-like data protection and reliability.
User Friendly, Professionally Robust
Simple enough for mainstream business use, yet robust enough for professional multimedia production environments, the OWC Mercury Accelsior is the clear choice for pro audio and video studios producing HD-quality work. This game changing performance upgrade is designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a three-year warranty.
The Mercury SSD line features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
Accelsior Now Supports Sleep Mode!
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
We're pleased to offer this driver
that enables Accelsior to be used as an OS X start-up/boot volume in a Mac Pro or Xserve.
- The only Mac bootable, Mac supported PCIe SSD available
- Easy, no drivers* required installation
- Dual LSI® SandForce SF-228X processors
- Sustained Data Transfer Rates of up to 762MB/s read and 763MB/s write
- Features High-Performance, Tier 1 Synchronous-NAND
- Up to 960GB Capacity Today
- Upgradeable to Future Released Higher Capacities
- May also be used in external Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
- 3-year warranty
OWC's SSD vs HDD Shootout!
OWC's A Closer Look