NVIDIA Quadro K5000 Professional Graphics Card for Mac
Mac / PCI Express 2.0 x 16 / DVI-I / DP 1.2
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5000 for Mac
Experience the world's most powerful professional graphics on the Apple® Mac Pro® platform
From small agencies to large media conglomerates, creative professionals utilizing the Apple Mac Pro want tools that let them bring their vision to life as fast as possible - without sacrificing quality. The Quadro K5000 for Mac gives artists and editors unprecedented power and interactivity. Innovative capabilities for increased throughput and support for up to four displays make it ideal for maximum productivity on the desktop and driving large-scale visualization solutions.
New Levels of Performance
The Quadro K5000 for Mac's next-generation streaming multiprocessor design offers important architectural changes that transform workflows. These include tremendous increases in per-clock throughout of key graphics operations for new levels of performance. The 4GB frame buffer supports larger scenes and improves interactivity during the creative process. With the ability to drive up to four displays simultaneously from the two DVI and two DisplayPort connectors, and support for DisplayPort 1.2 features, the K5000 provides greater color depth, higher refresh rates and the ability to support ultra-high resolutions of 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz or 4096 x 2160 at 48Hz.
PNY provides unsurpassed service and commitment to its professional graphics customers offering: 3 year warranty, pre- and post-sales support, dedicated Quadro Field Application engineers and direct tech support hot lines. In addition, PNY delivers a complete solution including the appropriate adapters, cables, brackets, driver CD and documentation to ensure a quick and successful install.
From the purchase date of qualifying video card from OWC, you have 60 days to trade-in your old video card for a cash rebate!
Just fill out OWC's online rebate form
or contact OWC Customer Service
after you receive and install your new video card.
Features & Benefits
- GPU FEATURES
- NVIDIA® CUDA® Architecture
Parallel-computing architecture that tightly integrates advanced visualization and compute features to significantly accelerate professional workflows.
- NVIDIA Scalable Geometry Engine
Dramatically improves geometry performance across a broad range of CAD, DCC and medical applications, enabling you to work interactively with models and scenes that are an order of magnitude more complex than ever before.
- Large Framebuffer with Ultra-Fast Bandwidth
Large GPU memory with fast bandwidth for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
- Dual Copy Engines
Enables the highest rates of parallel data processing and concurrent throughput between the GPU and host, accelerating techniques such as ray tracing, color grading and physical simulation.
- NVIDIA SMX
Delivers more processing performance and efficiency through this new, innovative streaming multiprocessor design that allows a greater percentage of space to be applied to processing cores versus control logic.
- Ultra-Quiet Design
Silent cooling design enables acoustics lower than 28db for an ultra-quiet desktop environment.
- IMAGE QUALITY
- Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
Up to 64X FSAA for dramatically reducing visual aliasing artifacts or "jaggies," resulting in unparalled image quality and highly realistic scenes.
- GPU Tessellation with Shader Model 5.0
Quadro Tessellation Engines automatically generate finely detailed geometry for cinematic quality environments and scenes, without sacrificing performance.
- 16K Texture and Render Processing
Provides the ability to texture from and render to 16K x 16K surfaces. Beneficial for applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing.
- DISPLAY FEATURES
- Quad-Display Support
All-new display engine drives up to four displays simultaneously and fully supports the next generation Display Port 1.2 features. DisplayPort 1.2 supports enhanced color depth, higher refresh rates, and increased resolutions as high as 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz or 4096 x 2160 at 48 Hz to enable an expansive workspace and boost productivity.
- 30-Bit Color Fidelity
(10-bits per red, green, and blue). Enables billions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range.
- Professional 3D Stereo Synchronization
Enables robust control of stereo effect through a dedicated three-pin mini-din connection to directly synchronize 3D stereo hardware to Quadro graphics card.
- SOFTWARE SUPPORT
- NVIDIA CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture
Quadro solutions leverage general-purpose GPU computing using standard programming languages like C/C++ and Fortran, and emerging APIs such as OpenCL and Direct Compute. This broad adoption of CUDA accelerates techniques like ray tracing, video and image processing, and computation fluid dynamics.
PNY Part Number
- MacPro3,1; MacPro4,1; MacPro5,1 or later
- Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- Microsoft Windows (via Boot Camp) 8, 7, Vista, or XP SP3 (32- or 64-bit)
- DisplayPort, DVI, or VGA compatible display(s)
3D Graphics Architecture
- Scalable geometry architecture
- Hardware tessellation engine
- NVIDIA GigaThread engine with dual copy engines
- Shader Model 5.0 (OpenGL 4.3 and DirectX 11
- Up to 16K x 16K texture and render processing
- Transparent multisampling and super sampling
- 16x angle independent anisotropic filtering
- 128-bit floating point performance
- 32-bit per component floating point texture filtering and blending
- 64X full scene antialiasing
- FXAA and TXAA full scene antialiasing
- Decode acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile, H.264, MVC, VC1, DivX (version 3.11 and later), and Flash (10.1 and later)
- Dedicated H.264 encoder
- Blu-ray dual-stream hardware accelerating (supporting HD picture-in-picture playback)
NVIDIA CUDA Parallel Processing Architecture
- SMX architecture (streaming multi-processor design that delivers greater processing and efficiency)
- API support including: CUDA C, CUDA C++, DirectCompute 5.0, OpenCL, Java, Python, and Fortran
- NVIDIA Parallel Data Cache hierarchy (configurable L1 and unified L2 caches)
- Error-Correction Code (ECC) memory
- 64KB of RAM (configurable partitioning of shared memory and L1 cache)
- Dual Warp Schedules (schedules and dispatches simultaneously instructions from two independent warps)
Advanced Display Features
- 30-bit color (10-bit per each red, green and blue channel)
- Support for any combination of three connected displays
- DisplayPort 1.2 (up to 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz and 2560 x 1600 at 120Hz)
- DVI-I Dual-Link output (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz and 1920 x 1200 at 120Hz)
- DVI-D Dual-Link output (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz and 1920 x 1200 at 120Hz)
- Internal 400MHz DAC DVI-I output (analog display up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz) DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, and HDCP support (HDMI requires 3rd party adapter)
- 10-bit internal display processing
- NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology, 3D DLP, interleaved, and other 3D stereo format support
- Full OpenGL quad buffered stereo support
- Underscan/overscan compensation and hardware scaling
- NVIDIA NVIEW multi-display technology - NVIDIA Mosaic technology
- Support for large-scale, ultra-high resolution visualization including Quadro Mosaic, Quadro Sync and Warp/Blend technologies
DisplayPort and HDMI Digital Audio
- Dolby Digital (AC3), DTS 5.1, multi-channel (7.1) LPCM, Dolby Digital Plus (DD+), and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 AAC
- Data rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176KHz, and 192KHz
- Word sizes of 16-bit, 20-bit, and 24-bit
Manufacturer provided specifications for PNY p/n VCQK5000MAC-PB UPC#: 751492555720
Maximum Power Consumption
Energy Star Enabling
- Ultra-quiet active fansink
- DVI-I DL + DVI-D DL + DP 1.2 + DP 1.2
DisplayPort with Audio
Number of Displays Supported
Maximum DP 1.2 Resolution
- 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz or 4096 x 2160 at 48Hz
Maximum DVI-I DL Resolution
Maximum VGA Resolution
Professional 3D Support
- Yes, via included stereo connector bracket
Mac OS X Graphics API
Windows Graphics APIs
- Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.3, DirectX 11
- 4.376" H x 10.50" L, Dual Slot
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
Model ID: MacPro3,1
2.8GHz, 3.0GHz, 3.2GHz
Mac Pro (Early 2009 Quad-Core)
Model ID: MacPro4,1
2.66GHz, 2.93GHz, 3.33GHz
Mac Pro (Early 2009 8-Core)
Model ID: MacPro4,1
2.26GHz, 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz
Mac Pro Quad-Core
Model ID: MacPro5,1
Mac Pro 6-Core
Model ID: MacPro5,1
Mac Pro 8-Core
Model ID: MacPro5,1
Mac Pro 12-Core
Model ID: MacPro5,1
2.40GHz, 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz, 3.06GHz
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac professional graphics board
- Stereo connector bracket
- Two DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort adapters
- DVI-I to VGA adapter
- Printed QuickStart Guide