OWC's SSD vs HDD Shootout!
Seeing is believing! Watch a side-by-side shootout between an
SSD and HDD in a MacBook Pro loading Adobe's Creative
Suite on startup.
Watch the SSD vs HDD shootout!
Why OWC SSD?
- Designed & built in the US from domestic & imported parts.
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant.
- Intelligent "recycling" for advanced free space management.
- Best in class error correction (ECC) and SandForce RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology provides RAID-like data protection and reliability without loss of transfer speed due to parity.
- SandForce® Processor with 7% over-provisioning maximizes read and write performance to greatly extend the endurance and overall reliability of the drive.
- Up to 100X greater data protection than what the highest rated enterprise class conventional hard disk drive (HDD) provides.
- SandForce DuraClass™ technology with Ultra-efficient Block Management & Wear Leveling offers highest endurance, performance and power efficiency in a SSD.
Over Provisioning & Wear Management Explained
Some of the drive space in OWC SSDs are allocated for RAISE - which provides real time data redundancy, ECC Error Correction, and reserve cell space.
Example: An OWC Pro SSD that's 240GB in size with 7% over-provisioning is actually a 256GB drive with 7% allocated for data management, and to maintain the drive's high-performance level.
Unlike most SSDs on the market today, the Aura Pro family uses advanced DuraWrite™ wear-leveling and block management technologies to keep Read/Write performance at peak while others see performance fall.
Base Data Findings © Copyright 2010 DIGLLOYD INC (MacPerformanceGuide.com).
Awards & Reviews
"Super small...same great...speeds. Netbooks, tablets and ultra-portable notebooks have a new high-performance option when it comes to internal storage." – Brian Beeler, Storage Review.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within the macsales.com website are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with Other World Computing, Inc., our products, or our website.
- SandForce Processor with full SF2181 Series 7% Over Provisioning firmware set
- Qualified for single drive and multiple drive usage.
- Sustained Sequential Read: up to 284MB/s
- Sustained Sequential Write: up to 268MB/s
- Height (max) 5.25mm (0.206")
- Width (max) 54mm (2.125")
- Length (max) 78.4mm (3.086")
- Weight (typical) 34g (1.2 oz.)
- Random 4KB: Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Tier 1 Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND Flash Memory
- less than 0.1ms
- less than 0.1ms
- 2,000,000 Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)
(based on SandForce processor operation)
- SATA I (1.5Gb/s) and SATA II (3.0Gb/s) supported, SATA 2.6 Compliant
- Native Command Queuing up to 32 commands
- SMART Command Transport
- OS Dependent
- 0ºC to +70ºC
- -55ºC to +150ºC
- Active: 2200mW (2.2W) Typical, up to 2500mW (2.5W)
- Inactive (DIPM): 90mW (.09W) Typical
- ECC Recovery: Up to 24 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector
- Unrecoverable Read Errors: Less than 1 sector per 1016 bits read
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
- Designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts
- 2.16" W x 3.11" L x 0.19" H (55mm x 79mm x 5mm) - (not including ribbon cable)