500GB Aura Pro 6G
For MacBook Air (2010-2011)
High Performance Internal Flash Storage Upgrade
Designed for Mac
Once again, OWC provides Mac users an upgrade path that delivers phenomenal performance, functionality, and reliability! Whether it's for a base-model 11-inch MacBook Air from 2010 with a 64GB SSD, the top of the line 13-inch 256GB model from 2011, or any model in between, an OWC Aura Pro 6G SSD is the best enhancement for the MacBook Air. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include a free 'how-to' video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
More Speed, More Capacity for MacBook Air
OWC Aura Pro SSDs provide a noticeable increase in performance over the factory SSDs for all MacBook Air models:
- Increase capacity up to 16x the 11-inch base models
- Increase capacity up to 8x the 13-inch base models
- MacBook Air (2011) - Get 6G speeds up to 530MB/s, 2.5x faster than factory original*
- MacBook Air (2010) - Get 3G speeds up to 275MB/s, 1.3x faster than factory original*
Better by Design
OWC redesigned its 3rd generation of OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs with premium 3D NAND Flash and the latest controller technology to operate cooler and consume less power, resulting in improved battery life for your MacBook Air. OWC SSDs are engineered to be the best for Mac, undergoing a rigorous multi-stage lab testing process to deliver absolute reliability at maximum performance long into the future.
- SLC caching algorithm accelerates burst performance
- Global wear leveling algorithm automatically distributes data evenly and manages program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan
- Data refresh technology ensures data integrity, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time
- ECC protection combines LDPC hard and soft decoding with advanced algorithm to detect and correct errors throughout the entire SSD data path
- Advanced security protocols support AES 128/256-bit full-drive encryption
*Based on sequential speed testing of original stock 64GB SSD in a 2011 MacBook Air i5 1.6GHz. Sequential write speeds of 194MB/s, read speeds of 211MB/s.