RAID Utility Software for macOS & Windows
The Best RAID Solution in the Universe
The powerful and intuitive software RAID utility for macOS and Windows that offers maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes with selectable RAID levels.
SoftRAID Lite is the powerful and intuitive software RAID utility for macOS and Windows that offers you the choice of maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection (redundancy), or a combination of those attributes via selectable RAID levels. Packed with data center-level features like active predictive disk failure monitoring and multiple array volume spanning, SoftRAID Lite is ideal for anyone who needs to safely store and backup massive amounts of data including videographers, editors, audio producers, photographers, database and media managers, advertisers, archivers, and more.
SoftRAID Lite Highlights
- Flexible: create RAID 0 and 1 volumes with SoftRAID Lite (Windows and Mac)
- Verify: volume validation ensures sectors can be read, parity is correct, and any potential volume failure is minimized
- Certified: drives are validated before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- System-wide predictive disk-failure analysis
- Vigilant: predictive warnings help protect against unexpected drive failure
- Cross-platform ready: SoftRAID Lite includes built-in MacDrive technology that lets you read/write SoftRAID RAID 0 and RAID 1 arrays and use them interchangeably with Windows and macOS computers
- Outperforms: up to 86% faster than AppleRAID
- Thorough: full TRIM support improves internal and external SSD performance in all RAID levels
- Risk-free: 30-day free trial of fully functional application
- Create, monitor, and managing RAID 0, 1 volumes
- Built-in MacDrive technology lets you read/write RAID 0, 1 and share volumes on both macOS and Windows
- Enterprise-class drive health monitoring
- System-wide predictive disk-failure analysis
- Drive Certification
- Receive desktop notifications of drive health issues
Improving A Proven History
As a leading developer of external drives over the past two decades, OWC began offering multi-drive units pre-configured with SoftRAID for enhanced data storage capabilities. Since SoftRAID provided many of the same features customers expected from its hardware, OWC acquired SoftRAID in 2014. Combining our hardware and software teams has resulted in to the easiest to use, most fully featured software RAID package and RAID solutions available.
The Security of Advanced Monitoring
Getting work done fast while keeping your data safe is paramount. When it comes to protection, SoftRAID was designed to keep you working worry-free. SoftRAID validates that new disks are error-free before use, warns you when a disk is about to fail, and even keeps you working if you lose a drive1. All these advanced monitoring tools work in the background to ensure you're constantly protected from a catastrophic, project-killing data loss.
Boost Productivity with 24/7 Monitoring
SoftRAID constantly checks the health of your disks and volumes and will immediately email you a warning when an issue is detected such as a volume is almost full, or a disk is failing. 24/7 monitoring boosts your productivity and confidence your computer can be left unattended while it processes data intensive tasks and project renders. SoftRAID email notifications are also perfect for IT professionals managing server volumes as they can alert to potentially malicious attacks with real-time notifications for high network traffic and high CPU loads.
SoftRAID makes you SMARTer
Don’t just rely on S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) to learn if your data is at risk. SoftRAID goes further by constantly monitoring your disks with a combination of S.M.A.R.T. attributes along with its own I/O statistics. This deeper disk health analysis provides a much richer data set to predict potential problems before you lose data.
The Cross-Platform Workflow Consolidator
For the first time ever SoftRAID Lite enables you to share SoftRAID volumes between a Mac and a PC. Built with MacDrive (another OWC brand), SoftRAID Lite allows you to create, read, and write HFS+ RAID 0 and RAID 1 sets on both macOS and Windows computers. Sharing data between Macs and PCs has never been easier.
Unchains Hardware RAID Limitations
SoftRAID unchains you from expensive hardware RAID technology that’s not upgradeable or expandable and gives you access to your data wherever you are. A SoftRAID license gives you full control of RAID volumes including creation, management and deletion. If other users need to access data, simply install SoftRAID for read/write access.
SoftRAID also enables you to spread volumes over two or more drive enclosures for mind-boggling performance over a single hardware RAID device. Additionally, SoftRAID utilizes your computer’s advanced processing power versus the slow processors found in most hardware RAID enclosures. The result is a fast and flexible RAID array that has negligible impact on your computer system or applications.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of SoftRAID over a hardware RAID is that it you’re not locked into specific hardware in order to access your data. With SoftRAID, you can replace a bad enclosure or upgrade to a new enclosure, the drives can then be moved, and you can access your data without skipping a beat. In contrast, if a hardware RAID system fails and it’s out of production or is no longer supported, all the data could be lost!
Easy Management Interface
SoftRAID’s intuitive interface makes creating and managing RAID volumes easy. All you have to do is decide what the RAID volume will be used for and how much space to use (with hints from the application) to put your RAID plan into action.
Try SoftRAID for Free for 30 Days
Sudden disk failure can cost time, money, and gulp…quite possibly your business. Eliminate that risk by trying SoftRAID completely free for 30 days and see firsthand how it can protect you and your data. Fully functional with no features disabled, this SoftRAID trial provides all the great disk checking and monitoring and easy volume creation attributes that made SoftRAID the most popular RAID setup and management app for years.
- SoftRAID Lite creates and manages RAID 0 and RAID 1 volumes on Mac and Windows. For additional RAID levels you will need the full version of SoftRAID.
- Includes (1) serial number installable on a Mac or PC
Manufacturer Part Number
Mac OS Compatibility
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
Manufacturer provided specifications for SoftRAID p/n OWCSFR5S01
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- SoftRAID for Mac requires OS 10.10.5 or later
- (1) SoftRAID Lite Software Install Disc
- (1) SoftRAID Serial Number (required for installation)
- (1) Quickstart Guide
- (1) Release Notes