RAID Management Software
for OWC Storage Solutions - macOS, Windows
The powerful and intuitive software RAID utility for macOS and Windows
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive RAID software on the market for macOS and Windows. SoftRAID protects your data and optimizes performance. It is packed with features like multiple RAID options and predictive disk failure monitoring. SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID.
At SoftRAID’s core is RAID creation and management technology that has been finely tuned over 20 years of development. Multiple RAID levels give you maximum volume capacity, optimal drive efficiency, data protection or a combination of attributes. SoftRAID is perfect for anyone who needs to safely store and back up massive amounts of data.
Disk Health and Monitoring
SoftRAID doesn’t stop working once you’ve created your RAID. The software continues standing guard, monitoring your drives to keep you working worry-free. It can certify that new disks are error-free before use, warn you when a disk is about to fail, and even keeps you working if you lose a disk. These advanced monitoring tools all work in the background, making catastrophic, project-killing data loss a thing of the past.
Software vs Hardware RAID
Don’t get stuck with expensive hardware RAID technology that you can’t upgrade or expand.
SoftRAID sets you free with full control of RAID volumes including creation, management and deletion. It also utilizes your computer’s advanced processing power versus the slow processors found in most hardware RAID enclosures. The result is a fast and flexible RAID array that has negligible impact on your computer system or applications.
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) arrays1
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Flexible: Use multiple HFS+ or single APFS volumes
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Built-in OWC MacDrive technology lets you move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Macs and PCs
What’s the biggest advantage of SoftRAID over a hardware RAID? You’re not locked into using specific hardware to access your data. If a hardware RAID system fails and it’s out of production or is no longer supported, all your data could be lost in an instant. With SoftRAID, you can easily replace a bad enclosure or upgrade to a new enclosure. Just move the drives to access your data without skipping a beat!
SoftRAID Pro Tip: Need even more power and flexibility? Upgrade to SoftRAID Pro to spread volumes over two or more disk enclosures for incredible performance! (Impossible with hardware RAID.)
Sharing data between Macs and PCs has never been easier. Built with OWC's MacDrive technology, SoftRAID allows you to create, read, and write HFS+ RAID 0/1/5 sets on both macOS and Windows computers so you’ll never have to worry about disk formats again.
Attention to Details
SoftRAID is there to help at every turn, from its intuitive interface for creating RAID volumes, to its disk monitoring ensuring your data is secure. But the power of SoftRAID doesn’t end there.
Protecting and sharing your data is simple. Your SoftRAID license is linked to the Mac or Windows PC you download it to. It's a built-in security feature that keeps your data secure from unauthorized access. You can easily add on to your license to share access with another machine or user.
It can be a chore to organize and keep track of multiple within a storage solution. SoftRAID was built with extras to simplify your task, such as the ability to blink drive lights and name drives for quick recognition.
Eventually all drives fail. If a drive is starting to experience issues or a problem is detected, SoftRAID will display warnings in the Mac menu bar/Windows system tray so you can stay ahead of possible problems.
Once SoftRAID is installed and activated, it’s time to put your plan into action. Decide what the RAID volume will be used for and how much space to use (with hints from the application), and you're off.
Whether included with your OWC enclosure or purchased separately, SoftRAID is extremely easy to use. SoftRAID makes powerful features typically reserved for data centers accessible to everyone, giving you quick data access and bullet-proof data security.
You’ll wonder how you ever felt safe storing your data before SoftRAID.
Upgrading an Older Version?
If you are using an old version of SoftRAID, you can upgrade to the latest version by visiting the OWC Software Store
. You will need your previous serial number to see what upgrade options you qualify for.
1. RAID 4/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only at this time. SoftRAID XT works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10 or later. SoftRAID XT is only for select OWC storage solutions. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. The SoftRAID serial number will work with both Mac and Windows but can only be active on one computer at a time. Additional seats can be purchased.
Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 11.x Big Sur
- macOS 12.x Monterey
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows 11
- SoftRAID XT works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10. Intel-based Macs require macOS 10.12 or later. M1 Macs require macOS 11.1 or 11.3 and later. macOS 11.3 is currently available as a public beta. SoftRAID XT is only for select OWC storage solutions. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. The SoftRAID serial number will work with both Mac and Windows but can only be active on one computer at a time. Additional seats can be purchased. RAID 4/5/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only at this time.
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCSFR6X
- OWC SoftRAID XT (Download)
- Software: non-refundable
For All OWC Multi-Bay Storage Solutions