Add up to an additional 1.5TB of internal storage. Add a Solid State Drive (SSD) for near instantaneous boot
app load. Even create a RAID array! Includes bracket, 5 piece toolkit, screws, and detailed
installation guide for complete all in one solution.
Configuration flexibility is yours when you replace your MacBook or MacBook Pro's internal SuperDrive with
the OWC Data Doubler. This custom engineered blue anodized aluminum bracket with attached PCB circuit
board comes ready to mount any 9.5mm tall 2.5" SATA hard disk drive and even Solid State Drives.
Then, just install the entire assembly into a MacBook or MacBook Pro 5.25" optical drive bay.
Doubler makes it easy to custom design how you want your internal storage to
are recognized like any other high speed SATA storage device
and partitioned using the Apple Disk Utility Program.
OWC Data Doubler DIY Kits
Everything you need in one package.
Just a few of the configuration options you can enjoy with Data Doubler:
- Creating an individual volume with its own desktop icon.
- Combining a new drive with the existing internal drive for one larger volume (SPAN).
- Combining a new matching drive with existing internal for high-performance RAID-0 Stripe volume.
- Configuring a new drive as a Time Machine™ backup drive.
- Formatting one drive for the Mac OS and the other dedicated for Windows.
Spin-down hard drives sooner to save battery power.
Running an extra hard drive in your laptop can drain battery power faster than a single drive. But you can tell your Mac to put hard drives to sleep sooner than normal to save power.
This is an advanced tip that requires working in Terminal. For the step-by-step explanation, visit our blog.