OWC Jupiter Kore
48.0TB mini-SAS Connected JBOD Storage System
Mac / PC / mini-SAS
Upgrade your workflow with the performance, capacity, reliability, and affordability of OWC Jupiter Kore enterprise-class storage. With two Mini-SAS interface ports, each with 24Gb/s of pure performance, you'll be able push though some serious data.
Use its dual Mini-SAS ports in tandem for staggering performance speeds up to 48Gb/s, or utilize the second Mini-SAS port to add greater JBOD storage capacity. You can also use Kore to expand an existing RAID system such as an OWC Jupiter Callisto.
Up to 128TB
OWC Jupiter Kore provides a vast amount of direct-attached or expansion storage capacity with up to 64TB of storage in an 8-bay rack and up to 128TB of storage in a 16-bay rack. As your storage needs increase, attach additional Kore systems via Mini-SAS for even greater capacity.
Tremendous Mini-Sas Speed
At the core of Kore is the blazing fast Mini-SAS interface architecture which provides single cable speeds up to 24Gbs, or run dual direct Mini-SAS cables to achieve up to 48Gbs. Use this performance to speed up practically any workflow, ingest more video, edit more simultaneous video streams, and move more data around – saving time and money by allowing creative professionals to actualize their artistic vision.
2U + 3U Racks
Whether building from the ground up, or integrating into an existing system, 8-bay 2U racks and 16-bay 3U racks provide installation flexibiilty so you can add the OWC Jupiter Kore system that best provides the capacity you need in the space you have.
Hot Swap Drives + Fans
Downtime is unacceptable, so when you need to update, upgrade, or replace a drive or fan, you can keep the rest of the system up and running.
Kore has robust power supplies that feature redundancy, the ability to hot-swap, and load balancing to ensure that the system remains up and running 24/7.
When high-performance RAID storage is a requirement for your computer or server, Kore is the perfect storage for connecting to mini-SAS RAID controller cards and adapters. Since Kore provides high-speed JBOD storage, it can also extend the storage of networked storage servers such as OWC Jupiter Callisto.
- 6Gb/s SAS interface
- Two x4 external mini-SAS (SFF-8088) connectors
- Connect both to the host for 48Gb/s of aggregated bandwidth
- Connect one to the host and use the second for adding additional storage units
- 2U Rackmount design
- Sixteen 3.5" drive bays
- Supports SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs (SSDs require 2.5" to 3.5")
- Redundant (1+1) and hot swappable power supplies
- Hot swappable, variable speed fan modules
- System status at a glance via front mounted drive, power, and fan status LEDs
- RAID via PCIe or Thunderbolt RAID controller
- RoHS compliant
- 5 Year OWC Jupiter Storage Solution Limited Warranty
For mount screws not supplied, consult your rack manufacturer specs.
- Jupiter 16-bay Rack
- Flash drive containing Jupiter manuals, drivers, and software
- Slide rails
- M5 pan head screws
- M5 cage nuts
- Four M5 enclosure securing screws
- 16 drive trays with drives attached
- Three power cables (North America)
- Rail extensions
Manufacturer Part Number
Storage Connectivity & Rates
- 8 ports, 6Gb/s SAS 2.1 compliant
Drive Rotation Speed
Drive Cache Size
- 1024 Megabyte (16 Drives with 64MB cache each)
- Half duplex, 600 MB/s per lane
- Two extermal mini-SAS connectors (SFF8088)
- Two x4 wide ports (total of eight x1 ports) – Each x4 wide port can be utilized as host connection or expansion connection
- Up to two SFF-8088 cables (passive)
Front Panel Indicators
Drive Bay Indicators
- 5.2"(H) x 19"(W) x 23"(D)
- 13.2cm(H) x 48.26cm(W) x 58.42cm(D)
- Square hole mounting hardware included, for round hole rack mounting, consult your rack specifications for proper hardware. Included rails support up to 19" (48.26cm) width and 30" (762mm) depth.
- Any SAS SFF-8088 equipped host system that supports SAS expander technology including Macs, PCs, and storage subsystems.
Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- Type: 380W High Efficiency 1+1 redundant, hot-swappable, and load-balancing power supply
- Operating Voltage: 90~264 VAC Full Range Auto-switching
- Operating Environment: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C); 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating Environment: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C); 10 to 95% non-condensing
- MTBF: 223,678 hours
- Up to sixteen 3.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s)
- Up to sixteen 2.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s) with adapter
- Drives of identical capacity / model are recommended for RAID configurations
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n J6GER1630048TJ
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C)
- Operating: 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 10 to 95% non-condensing