OWC Jupiter Callisto
16.0TB Ethernet Connected Shared Storage Server
Mac / PC / mini-SAS
As a unified storage system, OWC Jupiter Callisto can function both as a NAS (network attached storage) and as a SAN (storage area network) at the same time.
Tackle most any data need from general document storage to video production with ethernet speeds up to 10Gb/s coupled with advanced data protection, optimization, and flexibility via Callisto's ZFS based storage architecture. Mini-SAS expansion supports up to three OWC Jupiter Kore storage racks for up to 384TB of managed storage from a single Calllisto box.
As a unified storage system, OWC Callisto provides both NAS and SAN functionality on Ethernet networks. This means that Callisto can integrate easily into existing Ethernet-based storage networks, or can be the heart of a brand new storage infrastructure to provide iSCSI storage to a server or file sharing SMB/AFP to Mac and Windows computers.
Advanced Data Architecture
Advanced data management features come standard on OWC Jupiter Callisto. Utilizing ZFS storage architecture, Callisto features storage pooling to ensure easy future expansion and optimal data usage, caching to provide additional speed, automatic data integrity management to prevent data loss, and a robust set of RAID level options to ensure the best balance of speed and redundancy. In addition to these primary features, Callisto also offers built-in snapshot capability, replication/cloning, and data deduplication.
Jupiter's IP based remote management software provides a straightforward interface to: configure storage, manage users and permissions, manage storage reallocation and expansion, monitor system health, and more.
When Gigabit won't due, you can use the built-in 10GBASE-T Ethernet interface for speeds up to 10Gb/s while maintaining compatibility with 1GbE computers and hardware. Since Callisto provides 10GbE over 10GBASE-T ports (as opposed to SFP+ ports that require costly transceivers and cabling) you can utilize lower cost CAT6a and CAT7 copper cabling at distances up to 100 meters in a single run. Callisto does all that while maintaining compatibility with 1GbE networks, so you can upgrade computers to 10GbE as needed.
As your storage requirements grow, you can easily add up to three OWC Jupiter Kore systems for a total of 384TB of centralized storage without the need to migrate data or take the system down. Simply install a Kore system into your rack, connect it to your Callisto system via Mini-SAS, and with a few clicks in the management interface your new storage is ready to be utilized.
- Ethernet-connected unified storage
- NAS: File-level access through CIFS/SMB, AFP, and NFS
- SAN: Block-level access through iSCSI
- Built-in advanced features such as caching, pooling, and data integrity checking
- Onboard 10GBASE-T ports backwards compatible with gigabit Ethernet ports
- Uses standard Cat6a/7 cabling at lengths up to 100 meters
- 10GbE without the need for costly SFP+ transceivers
- Easy expansion
- Onboard external mini-SAS (SFF-8088) connectors for system expansion
- Add Jupiter Kore storage systems, for up to 384TB total storage
- 2U rack mount design
- Eight 3.5" drive bays
- Supports SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs (SSDs require 2.5" to 3.5")
- Redundant (1+1) and hot swappable power supplies
- Variable speed fan modules
- System status at a glance via front mounted drive, power, and fan status LEDs
- RoHS compliant
For mount screws not supplied, consult your rack manufacturer specs.
- Jupiter 8-bay Rack
- Flash drive containing Jupiter manuals, drivers, and software
- Slide rails
- Eight M5 pan head screws
- Twelve M5 cage nuts
- Four M5 enclosure securing screws
- Eight drive trays with drives attached
- Two power cables (North America)
- Rail extensions
Manufacturer Part Number
- Intel Xeon E5-2603 v2 Processor – 1.80GHz 4-core
- 32GB expandable up to 256GB
Drive Rotation Speed
Drive Cache Size
- 512 Megabyte (8 Drives with 64MB cache each)
File Sharing Protocols
- Mac: AFP
- Windows: Support for SMB 3.0
- Other/Linux/Unix: NFS
Block Level Sharing Protocols
Primary File System
Alternate File System Support
- Network: Intel X540T 10GbE
- Storage (built-in): LSI SAS2308 SAS 6Gb/s
- Storage (expansion): LSI SAS2308 SAS 6Gb/s
- Network: Up to two 10 gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-T) ports
- IPMI: One 1 gigabit Ethernet
- Storage Expansion: Two SAS 2.0 mini-SAS (4x) connections, two USB 2.0 connections
- Network: Cat6a and Cat7 for 10GbE, Cat5e and Cat6 for 1GbE
Front Panel Indicators
Drive Bay Indicators
- Any computer system equipped with an RJ-45 Ethernet port.
- 3.5"(H) x 19"(W) x 23"(D)
- 8.89cm(H) x 48.26cm(W) x 58.42cm(D)
- Square hole mounting hardware included, for round hole rack mounting, consult your rack specifications for proper hardware. Included rails support up to 19" (48.26cm) width and 30" (762mm) depth
Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- Type: 380W High Efficiency 1+1 redundant, hot-swappable, and load-balancing power supply
- Operating Voltage: 90~264 VAC Full Range Auto-switching
- Operating Environment: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C); 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating Environment: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C); 10 to 95% non-condensing
- MTBF: 223,678 hours
- Up to eight 3.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s)
- Up to eight 2.5" SAS or SATA drives (1.5Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s, or 6.0Gb/s) with adapter
- Drives of identical capacity / model are recommended for RAID configurations
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C)
- Operating: 20 to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 10 to 95% non-condensing
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n JCAL0835R016T
5 Year OWC Jupiter Storage Solution Limited Warranty
The best warranty is one you never have to use, but should the need occur - OWC is proud to provide a superior level of support and
warranty coverage to our customers. Even when not used, we understand the peace of mind afforded by a longer warranty period. OWC's industry
leading coverage is a testament to our confidence in the reliability of the solutions that we offer. OWC solutions are engineered to demanding
quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable, highest performance available on the market in each storage category.
View more information about the 5 Year OWC Jupiter Storage Solution Limited Warranty
Note: Do not disassemble or otherwise open your OWC solution prior to the conclusion of OWC's 5 year Warranty period. Doing so will void the
remainder of the OWC warranty.