Aura Pro X
1.0TB SSD Upgrade Solution for Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Demo Unit | Open Box
Complete Internal Flash/SSD Drive Upgrade Kit with Tools & OWC Envoy Pro Enclosure
Discover the Incredible Power of X
The best just got better
The newest member of OWC's Aura family of high performance drives sets the new gold standard SSD upgrade for PCIe equipped Macs, with guaranteed compatibility and capacity to spare. Featuring up to 2.3x faster performance and more efficient power management, the new Aura Pro X raises the bar again.
Designed for High Sierra
Designed for macOS 10.13 High Sierra and beyond, the new Aura Pro X SSDs support the advanced features of APFS, including strong encryption, copy-on-write metadata, space sharing, file and directory cloning, snapshots, fast directory sizing, atomic safe-save primitives, and improved file system fundamentals.
Cutting edge flash technology
Not all flash is created equal. The new Aura Pro X is manufactured with latest 3D MLC NAND flash, delivering superb dependability and unmatched speed. It's the perfect upgrade for your PCIe-equipped Mac.
Take the factory SSD with you
The OWC Aura Pro X upgrade kit includes the award-winning Envoy Pro SSD enclosure, allowing you to easily repurpose the factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant aluminum-body USB 3.0 external drive for incredible portable performance.1
- High performance 3D MLC NAND flash
- Read speeds up to 1352MB/s
- Write speeds up to 1066MB/s
- Designed for macOS 10.13 High Sierra and beyond
- Lifetime USA-based support
Save up to $400 with the OWC Flash-Up Rebate Program!
Do it yourself
Upgrading the PCIe-based SSD in your Mac is a simple DIY job. The upgrade kit includes all the tools you need. Our comprehensive, free video installation guides mean an OWC expert is there to walk you through every step of the upgrade.
Guaranteed compatibility, no hassles or hacks
Aura PCIe-based flash storage upgrades are engineered specifically for your Mac, so you're never forced to compromise your data. No complicated software hacks or TRIM-enablers needed just to get the most from your upgrade. Install, migrate your data, and experience performance like never before and up to eight times more capacity.
Upgrade Easy with OWC
The OWC Aura Pro X upgrade kit comes complete with everything you need for a simple DIY upgrade. And OWC's comprehensive, free install videos guide you through the process step-by-step. Upgrading your Mac with OWC couldn't be easier.
The quality you depend on
Aura SSDs are proudly designed in Austin,TX, and are backed by an OWC limited warranty as well as a lifetime of free, award-winning USA-based support.
Save up to $300 with the OWC Flash-Up Rebate Program
Trade in your Apple Factory PCIe type SSD, or your previous OWC Aura SSD and receive up to a $320 cash rebate from MacSales.com. Visit our Rebate Center for more information regarding the MacSales.com OWC Flash-Up Rebate Program
1. The OWC Envoy Pro enclosure is specifically designed for use ONLY with the factory SSD installed in select Apple Macintosh computers. Do NOT attempt to install or use OWC Aura or Aura Pro X SSDs in the Envoy Pro as you may damage the OWC drive, the enclosure, or both, and such damage is not covered under warranty.
2. The OWC Envoy Pro enclosure is not currently compatible with Apple PCIe NVMe drives. Please see the Knowledge Base article on Envoy Pro (PCIe): Apple Stock Drive Compatibility for further details.
1.0TB Aura Pro X SSD Specifications:
3D MLC NAND Flash
1000GB useable capacity
Native Command Queuing
up to 32 commands
macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
Host Requirements 3
Must upgrade to macOS 10.13 or later, prior to installation
up to 1352MB/s
up to 1066MB/s
Envoy Pro Specifications:
- OS X 10.3 or later
- Windows XP or later
- Linux OS with support for USB 3.0
- Mac or PC featuring USB 3.0 interface
- Any Mac that supports booting via USB
- (1) USB 3.0 Micro-B (PLX USB 3380)
- Up to 500 MB/s Read and Write
- Speeds will vary based on drives used, setup, and other factors.
- Requires USB 3.0 standard powered port. USB 2.0 use not supported or recommended.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n S3DAPB4MP10K UPC#: 812437028270
- Environmental (Operating)
- Dependent on mechanism installed
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Dependent on mechanism installed
- Height: 0.4 in (1.0 cm)
- Width: 2.1 in (5.3 cm)
- Length: 4.5 in (11.4 cm)
Weight (without drive)
Model ID: MacPro6,1
2.7GHz 3.0GHz, 3.5GHz, 3.7GHz