Aura P12 Pro
8.0TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Raise Your Game with NVMe Performance
Aura® P12 Pro M.2 NVMe gears up your system for media heavy projects or breakthroughs in your favorite hardware-punishing games. Using NVMe technology designed for flash memory, Aura P12 Pro provides a perfectly optimized blend of speed and reliability features to reach speeds up to 3400MB/s, so you can stream high-res video and graphics files without a glitch. With a built-in SLC caching technique, the drive delivers ultra-fast write speeds up to 3000 MB/s optimized to endure your render queue.
Aura P12 Pro is a versatile SSD that's at home in an enclosure or loaded on your PC's motherboard. In an external drive, Aura P12 Pro offers dependable speed and data protection for on-location downloads of large media files — 8K video, high-res photo, and audio files. With faster data transfer in the field, you can quickly get to the next phase of your project.
Internally, Aura P12 Pro adds a new performance dimension to your PC that can equate to faster previews, renders and processing in audio and VFX programs. Gaming with Aura P12 Pro creates a new realm of speed and responsiveness, giving you an extra edge on the competition.
Built to Outlast
- Read speeds up to 3400MB/s
- Write speed up to 3000MB/s
- Ideal for enclosures and inside PCs
- High-performance 3D QLC NAND
- 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Engineered with fail-safes, Aura P12 Pro is optimized for the best and longest working life, especially in write-intensive workflows. From running double checks on data and correcting errors to ensuring the uniform use of its flash media, this SSD is calibrated for endurance as a factory pre-set.
Aura P12 Pro is also overprovisioned, meaning it has extra NAND cells on standby to increase longevity and preserve performance.
Service and Support
OWC is proud to introduce Aura P12 Pro to its lineup of industry leading SSDs. Optimized for work and play, Aura P12 Pro is backed by OWC's 5 year limited warranty and free USA-based lifetime support. Our support teams are available to answer questions, troubleshoot, and help you get the most from your new SSD.
- 8000GB Useable Capacity
- Total Flash Memory Components: 8192GB
- 192GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- Phison E12S with 3% over-provisioning
NAND Flash Components
- Synchronous Quad-Level Cell (QLC) 3D NAND Flash
- Standard attributes supported
Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
Random 4K Read
Random 4K Write
Sequential Read (Average)
Sequential Write (Average)
Nonrecoverable Read Errors
MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- 1810TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 709 GB per day for 7 years
Mac OS Compatibility
- Not disclosed by manufacturer
PC OS Compatibility
- Requires a compatible external enclosure. Not a compatible replacement for the internal drive in any Mac computer.
Write Mode (Max)
Seek Mode (Max)
DEVSLP / DevSleep
- Height: 0.3 cm (0.1 in)
- Length: 8.0 cm (3.1 in)
- Width: 2.2 cm (0.9 in)
- Operating: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
- Non-Operating: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 0% to 93% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 1500 G max
- Select PCs
- Select External Enclosures
- Select PCIe Host Cards
- Creative Apps
- Productivity Apps
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCS4DAQ12ST80
Compatible with Intel / AMD based desktop/laptop PCs equipped with M.2 SSD bay.