Mercury Elite Pro Dual
28.0TB Performance RAID Solution
Mac / PC / Thunderbolt 2 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / RAID
With Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.1 Gen 1
Professional Grade Solution
Dual Drive Professional Hardware RAID
The next generation Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology is the perfect RAID solution for creative workflows, project archives, and system backups. Inside are two drives, easily configured in RAID 0, 1, span, or independent mode.
Don't Wait. Don't Worry.
Thunderbolt 2 technology unleashes the full potential of two 3.5" hard drives. In RAID 0 you'll experience the maximum sustained throughput from your drives with speeds up to 474MB/s, fast enough to support compressed 4K workflows. Configure the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology in RAID 1 mode and enjoy instant mirroring of your data. Experience the freedom to create without wait or worry.
Ready for You Right Out of the Box
Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology features two Thunderbolt 2 ports, one USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, and all of the cables you need for use with almost any system. Ready to perform in RAID 0, it's also easily configured in RAID 1, span, and independent modes to match your workflow needs.
Make more connections
With dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology supports Thunderbolt daisy-chains. Expand your workstation with up to five additional Thunderbolt devices, including high-speed storage, expansion chassis for specialist workflows, even a high-definition display.
Quality and support you can trust
The Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology features a heat-dissipating, brushed-aluminum design with a whisper-quiet, high-performance fan. In addition, smart power conserves energy and extends the life of the drives inside. The Elite Pro Dual automatically spins down during periods of inactivity, and powers on and off with your workstation. Extraordinarily durable and efficient, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology is built to seamlessly integrate with any work environment from large-scale, high demand production studios to your home office.
Total Storage Capacity
Total Solution Cache Size
- (2) Seagate 14.0TB Exos X16 Enterprise 7,200RPM Hard Disk Drives with 256 MB cache
- *1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- **OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
- Thunderbolt: Any Mac that supports booting via Thunderbolt|USB: Any Mac that supports booting via USB 2
Plug and Play
Default Raid Level
RAID Levels Supported
Mac OS Compatibility
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64-bit Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 32-bit Edition
- Windows 7 64-bit Edition
Host Port Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or USB 2.0 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 2 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
External Power Adapter
Number of Bays
- (2) Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- (1) USB 3.0 Port
- Height: 13.5 cm (5.3 in)
- Length: 22.9 cm (9.0 in)
- Width: 7.1 cm (2.8 in)
- Operating: 41°F to 107.6°F (5°C to 42°C)
- Non-Operating: -40°F to 149°F (-40°C to 65°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating: 65 G max at 2 ms
- Non-Operating: 175 G max at 2 ms
- Booting in RAID 0, RAID 1, and SPAN mode are supported via Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.1 Gen 1. Thunderbolt 2 also supports Independent mode booting.
- When connected via USB, the following limitations apply when booting in Independent mode: if both drives are installed, only the disk connected to the 'Drive A' cables will boot. If only one drive is installed, the disk will boot regardless of which set of cables it is connected to. Please check the Assembly Manual & User Guide for more details.
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCTB2U3MED28T
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.
macOS RAID 0 Test Results
Windows RAID 0 Test Results
- (1) Mercury Elite Pro Dual high performance enclosure
- (1) 0.6 meter (24 in) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Cable (Standard-A to Standard-B)
- (1) 1.0 meter (39 in) Thunderbolt cable
- (1) External power supply and power cable
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) Assembly Manual & User Guide (Download Only)