Add up to 2 years of Peace of Mind Protection for Your Mac
With 32 years of service and support, millions of computer users have come to trust OWC’s award-winning customer support team to get them through any issue. That dedication and love for the computing community is why OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection is the standard to ensure your Mac is covered above and beyond the initial warranty should an issue arise.
Enjoy up to 2 years of extended service protection coupled with lifetime expert tech support.
We treat you like we would want to be treated. It’s that simple.
We cover eligible repairs 100%.
Add value to your Mac when it comes time to resell.
We’ve Got Your Back
Sometimes tech needs a little TLC when something goes awry. Normal wear and tear can cause mechanical and electrical failures and the OWC Eclipse has your back on the following components. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
1. File a Claim
Our customer support team is ready to take your call Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM CT. That’s right! You get to talk to a real person with OWC.
2. Ship Your Device
We’ll setup a shipping label to ship your Mac to us, free with Eclipse Plus plans. If you need a box, we have those too.
3. Inspect + Service
Our expert, certified technicians will examine your device and perform any work required. If your device can't be repaired, we'll replace it. See Terms & Conditions for more.
4. We Ship It Back
We ship your Mac back to you for free, complete and ready to use.
Protect When You Buy
If your purchase is eligible for OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection you’ll be presented with the option to add a plan during checkout. OWC peace of mind is just a few clicks away.
Want more time to consider your options? You'll have up to 60 days after purchase to decide if OWC Eclipse is right for you. Simply login to your Account to view OWC Eclipse options.
“OWC” means Other World Computing, Inc. OWC is the Provider of this Extended Service Plan, and is located at 8 Galaxy Way, Woodstock, IL 60098 with the telephone number: 1-800-275-4576
“You” and “Your” shall mean the individual or entity who purchased this Extended Service Plan or the individual or entity to whom this Extended Service Plan was transferred in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
As used in these Extended Service Plan Terms & Conditions, the following terms have the meanings specified below:
Extended Service Plan Price: The price You paid for this Extended Service Plan.
Coverage Start Date: The delivery date when coverage starts under this Extended Service Plan.
Coverage Term: The years of coverage, varying from one (1) to two (2) year(s), You receive under this Extended Service Plan, starting on the Coverage Start Date. All claims under this Extended Service Plan must be submitted during the Coverage Term.
Covered Product: The product or type of product covered by this Extended Service Plan.
Coverage Amount: The purchase price of the Covered Product at the time of purchase from OWC.
2. STANDARD AND COMMERCIAL COVERAGES AND TERMS:
- This Extended Service Plan is inclusive of any manufacturer’s warranty that may exist during the Coverage Term. It does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty.
- No deductible.
- Coverage is 100% parts and labor up to the Coverage Amount.
- Mechanical and electrical failure resulting from normal wear and tear.
- Battery leakage of the original battery in the Covered Product
3. WHAT IS NOT COVERED
The Extended Service Plan does not cover:
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement necessitated by loss or damage resulting from misuse, operator neglect, theft or loss, exposure to weather conditions, improper electrical/power supply, improper installation or assembly by someone other than OWC, insect infestation, act of nature (any accident caused or produced by any physical cause which cannot be foreseen or prevented, such as storms, perils of the sea, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes) or any other peril originating from outside the Covered Product.
- Installation, compatibility, and availability of software / firmware updates due to iOS / Android or programming of Covered Product.
- Damaged or defective screens when the failure is caused by abuse (which means misuse or mistreatment of the Covered Product, such as dropping it).
- Damage to Covered Product as a result of power surges.
- Cosmetic wear and tear.
- Intentional damage.
- Consumer replaceable or consumable items, including lightbulbs.
4. WHAT TO DO IF A COVERED PRODUCT REQUIRES SERVICE:
Call OWC at 1-800-275-4576 (USA) Monday through Friday, 9AM – 6PM CT.
5. HOW OWC WILL SERVICE YOUR COVERED PRODUCT:
Depending on the Covered Product and failure circumstances, OWC, at its sole discretion, will have the option of:
A. Repairing Your Covered Product, or
B. Providing You with a cash settlement or a gift card reflecting the replacement cost of a new product of equal features and functionality up to the Coverage Amount, or
C. Providing You a new or refurbished product of equal features and functionality.
6. LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
The total amount that OWC will pay for repairs or replacement made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Extended Service Plan shall not exceed the Coverage Amount of the Covered Product. In the event that OWC makes payments for repairs or replacements which in the aggregate are equal to the Coverage Amount or provides a cash settlement reflecting the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality, OWC will have no further obligations under this Extended Service Plan.
OWC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, OR LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY PRODUCT OR EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE.
7. TRANSFER OF EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN:
This Extended Service Plan is transferable to any subsequent owner of the Covered Product who will use it in a like manner, subject to the terms and conditions of this Extended Service Plan.
You may cancel the Extended Service Plan. If You elect to cancel, OWC may retain a cancellation fee not to exceed the lesser of 10% of the service contract price or $50. You may cancel the Extended Service Plan:
(1) within 30 days after its purchase if no service has been provided and that a full refund of the service contract consideration, less any cancellation fee stated in the service contract will be paid to the service contract holder; or
(2) at any other time and a pro rata refund of the service contract consideration for the unexpired term of the service contract, based on the number of elapsed months on an amortized basis, determined by the length of your Extended Service Plan length, less the value of any service received, and any cancellation fee stated in the service contract will be paid to the service contract holder.
How do I get service if an issue occurs?
When I send my Mac in for service, is a replacement Mac provided for me to use while my Mac is being serviced?
Like Apple’s AppleCare+ program, OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection does not provide a replacement Mac while your Mac is being serviced. However, if your workflow demands zero downtime, you can call upon our free and friendly support staff for advice on how to minimize downtime.
Can I upgrade/extend my protection?
If you have a 1 Year OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection Plan, you can upgrade to a 2 Year Plan. You can easily perform this upgrade and manage your Mac’s protection in the My Account Portal.
I didn't add OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection for my Mac at the time of purchase, and now the 60-day window to add protection for my Mac has passed. Can I still protect my Mac?
Unfortunately, no. Once 60 days has passed, we can no longer provide OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection for your Mac. However, if you choose not to protect your Mac at the time of purchase, we will send friendly reminder emails leading up to your Mac’s 60-day eligibility expiration date.
I live outside the USA. Is OWC Extended Service Protection available to me?
Unfortunately, no. OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection is only available for orders shipped within the USA.
I purchased OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection for my Mac while I lived in the USA, but I now live outside the country. Can I still get service?
You can continue to receive OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection as long as you have a valid US-based address to which we can ship your Mac once service has been completed. Unfortunately, we cannot provide service to addresses outside the US.
Please note: Only US-based shipping costs are included with OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection. See Terms & Conditions for more.
I purchased a Mac from OWC with a 1 Year AppleCare+ Warranty. Can I add more coverage with a 2 Year OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection Plan?
Yes. Even if your Mac came with 1 Year AppleCare+ coverage, you can still add a 2 Year OWC Eclipse Plan to protect your Mac for one additional year beyond the AppleCare+ coverage (see Terms & Conditions for more on start date and coverage term). Also, if you are within the window for AppleCare+, and you prefer Apple’s warranty coverage, you may be able to extend your AppleCare+ protection to cover your Mac for up to three years. See Apple AppleCare+ for details.
Can I cancel my protection?
How do I transfer my OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection Plan if I sell my Mac?
Each OWC Eclipse Extended Service Protection Plan is attached to your Mac’s serial number. Wherever your Mac goes in the USA, the remainder of the Plan coverage stays with it.