WOODSTOCK, IL – May 1, 2015
– Other World Computing
(OWC), a leading zero emissions
Mac and PC technology company, announced today that OWC is hosting its first ever Video Commercial Contest
. Contest entrants are challenged to bring their vision to life, in 30 to 60 seconds, showing why everything is possible with OWC, and how OWC upgrades and solutions can transform a creative professional's approach to their craft. The contest will begin accepting submissions on May 1st and will continue until June 30th.
One Grand Prize Package, worth over $12,000 will be awarded, in addition to a Runner Up Prize Package worth over $1,400. Winners will be chosen through public voting on a contest portal beginning on July 7 and continuing through July 31, 2015, with winners announced on August 10, 2015, on the Other World Computing website
Grand Prize Package
The lucky winner of the Grand Prize Package will be able to further develop their video creation skills thanks to the high-end computer hardware and software components and camera that make up the Grand Prize:
Runner Up Prize Package
- An Apple Mac Pro computer with six cores of processing power operating at 3.5GHz, the professional computer for the future.
- A 4K monitor, providing pixel-perfect clarity for precision editing.
- One year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud service, featuring some of the world's best creative software applications.
- Avid Artist Transport console, a compact media controller that allows creative professionals to navigate and edit projects with just one hand.
- Avid Artist Color control surface, a control surface that provides deep, hands-on control of all color correction and grading tasks.
- NewerTech Wireless Keypad, a wireless numeric keypad that complements Apple's aluminum keyboards.
- OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock, our high performance dock providing 12 ports of connectivity at 20 Gbps speed.
- OWC Aura Pro 2TB SSD, OWC's largest internal SSD for the Mac Pro, and an OWC Envoy Enclosure for Mac Pro, which allows the lucky winner to repurpose the factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant external drive.
- OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 16TB RAID Edition, the most advanced software RAID 5 technology developed for the Mac, with massive storage capacity.
- 64GB OWC Memory for Mac Pro, to ensure high performance of the system.
- GoPro Hero4 Black, GoPro's newest and most advanced video camera.
The second highest vote gatherer will receive:
- An OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 16TB RAID Edition External Storage Solution
- OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock.
Contestants are asked to create an original video commercial between 30 and 60 seconds long. Be creative! Show the world why OWC solutions are the key to unlocking true creative potential using one of the following three themes:
- Everything is Possible.
- Go Further.
- The Speed to Create. The Capacity to Dream.
Some general rules to be aware of: all submissions should be English-language content only - this is to ensure the largest possible number of voters can understand the video. All voting results will be final, and the winners will be notified by email. For contest details, visit http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest/entries
Entering the contest is easy, just submit your video beginning May 1 at http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest/entries
. The key dates to be aware of are:
- The opening date for submissions is May 1, 2015. Entrants will need to have a Facebook page in order to participate.
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM central time, June 30, 2015.
- Videos that follow the guidelines in the terms and conditions will be posted online starting on July 7, 2015 and the public voting period will run through July 31, 2015.
- The winners will be announced August 10, 2015 on Other World Computing's website.
"Over the years we have seen that OWC fans include some of the most creative and talented people out there, and this contest gives them a chance to show the world how far they can go with OWC," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "You don't need your own studio to enter -- the next viral OWC video commercial can be anything from simple footage shot on an iPhone to a grand production with scripting, music, animation, special effects -- the sky's the limit, and we urge entrants to just go for it!"
The OWC Trust Advantage®
- Over 25 years of product design and innovation
- OWC tested for compatibility, speed and reliability
- Comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos
- 24/7 award-winning, U.S.-based technical support
OWC is the manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts and has been providing OWC memory upgrades for Apple computers since 1989. For the last decade, OWC has been building SSD upgrades specifically for Apple computers, winning multiple awards while also earning accolades for OWC External Drives and OWC Optical Drives. OWC memory, SSDs and a growing number of our products are designed, engineered and manufactured in Austin, TX. Widely recognized for its exemplary customer service, OWC provides extensive US-based technical support for Mac and PC users around the world. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also produces a catalog of upgrades and accessories, having served the Apple community worldwide since 1988.
OWC's industry awards include:
No purchase necessary to enter. Open to legal US residents 18 and over. Limit one entry per person/team. Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of the official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. OWC reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not follow the guidelines and content restrictions listed in the terms and conditions. All submissions become property of OWC. OWC reserves the right to utilize every entry for promotional purposes. Winners will be notified via email. All prizes are nontransferable and no substitution can be made. Entrants agree to receive OWC special offers via email. Void where prohibited. For full contest rules please visit http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest.
- Videomaker Best of CES 2015 Spotlight Award
- 2015 CES Innovations Honoree
- Storage Visions, Visionary Product Award 2015
- Inc. 5,000 "Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America" list honoree 2007-2013
- Reseller Ratings Elite Member 2009-2014
- About.com Readers' Choice Award winner for best Mac Peripheral Reseller
- Business Intelligence Group 2013 Green Tech Company of the Year
- American Business Awards "Stevie" Gold (2012) and Silver (2014)
- Better Business Bureau Top Rating of A+ 2010-2014
Jennifer Myers, (815) 502-5640 or email@example.com
© 2015 Other World Computing. All Rights Reserved. Other World Computing, OWC, Aura, NewerTech, OWC Envoy, The OWC Trust Advantage, and ThunderBay and are registered trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/ or in Canada. The OWC logo and the Other World Computing Logo are Trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation. Apple, iPhone, Mac, and Mac Pro are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 are the trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or in other countries. Adobe and Creative Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Avid is a registered trademark of Avid Technology, Inc. GoPro and Hero are registered trademarks of GoPro Inc.. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.