WOODSTOCK, IL – November 13, 2018
, a leading zero emissions
Mac and PC technology company, is adding to its award-winning line of connectivity solutions with an all-new OWC 14-port Thunderbolt™ 3 Dock
. Through a single cable, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock brings an unprecedented combination of ports, convenience and power to Thunderbolt 3-equipped Windows and Mac machines maximizing simplicity and productivity.
The new OWC 14-port Thunderbolt 3 Dock features a potent 85-watts of charging power, plus a dedicated 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port keeping the Thunderbolt 3 port available for other devices such as fast external drives or a second monitor. Also, the OWC 14-port dock is the only Thunderbolt 3 docking station on the market with both a microSD slot for a fast majority of smaller technology devices, like drones, action cams and cellphones and a SD Card slot for larger, longer format recording devices like DLSR and video cameras. These microSD and SD card slots are fully compatible with the new SD Express (PCIe/NVMe) cards, making this the most up-to-date and versatile dock available today.
"At OWC we understand that the days of working strictly at a desk are gone. Users are on the move between desks, meeting rooms, home offices, classes, airplanes, events, and more," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO of OWC. "With just one connection to a notebook computer, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock makes coming and going from your workspaces an effortless one plug process, and with these 14 ports, it can handle and simplify any workflow."
The new OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock has an MSRP of $299.99 and is available for pre-order today through MacSales.com in both Space Gray
OWC 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock Features:
- Thunderbolt-certified for Windows and Mac
- Charges MacBook Pro, Windows notebooks and mobile devices
- Supports dual 4K displays or one 5K display for the ultimate in color reproduction
- (1) Mini DisplayPort with DiplayPort++ — Supports DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA and other displays
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port for host connectivity and 85W of charging power
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port for up to 5 additional daisy-chained Thunderbolt devices including Thunderbolt 3, USB-C and DisplayPort displays
- (1) Audio In/Out for headphone, mics, speakers and other audio gear
- (1) 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C with Power Delivery up to 15W for mobile device charging
- (5) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A Ports, 2 with 7.5W of high-power charging
- (1) SD card reader
- (1) Micro SD card reader
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed wired networks
- (1) S/PDIF digital audio output
- Thunderbolt 3 cable included
Other World Computing (OWC), founded by Larry O'Connor when he was 14 years old in 1988, is dedicated to helping tech enthusiasts and industry professionals do more and reach higher. Our trusted storage, connectivity, software and expansion solutions enable creative professionals, producers, educators and government entities to get the most out of their technology investments, protect valuable digital assets and expand their hardware's capabilities to keep up with the demands and evolution of their work. OWC features an award-winning technical support team that is on hand 24/7 as well as an unparalleled library of step-by-step installation and support videos. In everything we do at OWC, we believe in making a better world where technology inspires imagination, and everything is possible.
Get social: follow OWC
Jennifer Myers, (815) 502-5640, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ertl, Skyya PR, (507) 458-9404, email@example.com
© 2018 Other World Computing, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple and Mac are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Intel and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.