August 4, 2011 Woodstock, IL -- Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com
, a leading zero emissions Mac® and PC technology company, today announced new OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS 4-Bay 1U rackmount solutions starting at $499.99 MSRP
that combine four 6Gb/s storage devices (or data channels)
with up to 12TB of capacity
into the convenience of one port and one cable connection
for the ultimate in data throughput rates up to 24Gb/s (2400MB/s).
Eight Mac and PC Compatible Solutions Up To 12.0TB
The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is immediately available in 8 pre-configured solutions,
from 2.0TB to 12.0TB,
priced starting at $499.99 MSRP.
The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is compatible with Apple® OS X 10.2 and higher and Windows Windows XP and later operating systems and comes complete with a $100 retail value disk utility software bundle and up to a 5 year solution warranty.
For more information on the OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS model, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/RAID/Rack_Mount/mini_SAS_1U
One Port, One Cable, Four Channels of Data
The mini-SAS port equipped Mercury Rack Pro is like having four eSATA outputs for the ultimate in data transfer rates, but "bundles" those four channels of data output into the convenience of a single cable connection.
Now SMBs, SOHOs, and creative production professionals
have a simple, high performance, yet cost-effective mass storage solution that reduces cable complexity.
Can Be Used Like A Four Bay Drive Dock
For massive capacity with the highest degree of drive access flexibility, the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS can be immediately used like a four bay drive dock. All four drives in the Mercury Rack Pro show up as individual drives,
so users can then mix and match drives of any size and brand and hot swap the drives.
The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS can also be used to RAID drives in a desired array
with the additional purchase of third party RAID software or a SAS-SATA RAID controller card.
Easy Drive Management & Convertible For Desktop Use
Featuring a trayless drive bay design, the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS makes drive management, access, and replacement 'slide and swap' easy. Removable rack mounting ears and included anti-skid feet also allow the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS to be quickly and easily converted for desktop use.
Enterprise Equipped For 24/7 Use
While all OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS standard solutions are covered by a two year warranty, Enterprise models use Enterprise class SATA hard drives
manufactured to tighter specifications intended for the more demanding requirements of 24/7 server environments.
As a result, Enterprise editions of the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS are covered by a five year warranty
which includes a one year overnight cross-ship warranty and three years of Level One Data Recovery services,
Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS key features:
For more information on all OWC External Storage Solutions, visit:
Checkout Savings Plus Up To 60% Off Leading Software Titles
- Supports up to four 3.0TB, 3.5" SATA hard drives for up to 12.0TB total storage capacity
- Four SAS-SATA 3.5" drives up to 15,000 RPM can also be utilized
- One external mini-SAS port supporting up to 24Gb/s data rates
- Up to 256MB total data buffer
- Trayless drive bays for easy drive management
- JBOD (four independent drives)
- RAID-ready via third party RAID software or a SAS-SATA RAID controller card
- Whisper Quiet three cooling fan operation
- Drive status and activity LED indicators
- Internal, US/International 100/240V power supply
- Warranty: 2 year Standard Solution, 5 year Enterprise Solution
- Mac and PC compatible
- Includes an over $100 retail value utility software bundle consisting of Prosoft Engineering® Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP®, Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™, and Carbon Copy Cloner. For more details on this value bundle, visit:
Complimenting the $100 retail value utility software bundle
included with every Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS are three additional money-saving OWC offers:
About Other World Computing (OWC)
- Complete an order on www.macsales.com using Checkout with Amazon to enjoy up to $50 instant savings.
- Maintain, repair, optimize, and manage drives like a pro with the full retail version of Drive Genius 3 for $39…a savings of 60% off retail. For full details on OWC's Drive Genius 3 promotion, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/special_offer/prosoft_Drive_Genius
- Run Windows applications on a Mac with Parallels Desktop Version 6 for as low as $39…a savings of up to 50% off retail. For full details on OWC's Parallel's Desktop Version 6 promotion, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Nova%20Development/PD6FM/
Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988 and features one of the largest online catalogs of computer, iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad® enhancement products through its e-commerce portal www.macsales.com. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also provides extensive US based technical support for Macintosh users around the world as well as Internet access via www.fastermac.net
OWC’s industry awards and recognition include: Crain’s Chicago Business
2009 and 2011 “Fast 50” List of 50 Fastest Growing Companies in the Chicago Area; Inc. 5,000
“Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America” honoree 2007-2010; Reseller Ratings
Elite Member 2009 & 2010; Better Business Bureau
Top Rating of A+ 2010-2011; Reflex Packaging
Commitment to Excellence Recycling Award 2009; Computerworld Magazine
Top Green-IT Companies for 2008; and McHenry County Economic Development Corporation
2008 Business Champion Award.
In March 2010, OWC’s corporate campus was designated as LEED® Platinum by the Green Building Certification Institute (http://eshop.macsales.com/green/index.html
). Platinum is the highest achievable LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Program level, which began in 1998. Out of more than 14,000 LEED projects engaged worldwide since the program's inception, OWC is one of less than three hundred to achieve the Platinum standard. In September 2010, OWC’s headquarters earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR® rating for building operations that perform in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency.
OWC is a registered trademark and Data Doubler is a trademark of New Concepts Development Corporation.
Apple, Mac, iPod, iPhone, and iPad are the trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respectful owners.