Created on: September 16, 2020
Last updated: April 18, 2022
Relevant Part Numbers:
If you plan to purchase and install one of OWC's Intel Xeon CPU upgrades for the 2013 Mac Pro (MacPro6,1) it is very important that you follow the OWC installation video from start to finish.
There are a few additional items to note, that occasionally cause confusion:
- Starting just before the 4:00 mark, note that the screws which are shown in the video are not covered stickers. However in some cases customers have reported their model did have stickers.
- The stickers need to be peeled off before removing the specified screws.
- Starting at ~ 4:24, the process of removing the thermal paste from the CPU is described; you need to flip the board over before you start this step.
- The paste is on the opposite side from the screw heads in the prior step.
- After the thermal paste has been removed, at ~ 4:40, the board needs to be flipped over again before removing the remaining screws.
If you have any questions about the installation, please feel free to contact our award winning Support Team; we're happy to walk you through any steps that are not 100% clear to you.