The docking station replicates all of the connectors and ports from the sides of the 15" MacBook Pro and routes the connectors to the back of the dock and uniquely manages the new MacSafe Power Connector. The dock allows for all of the peripheral devices normally connected to the sides of the MacBook - Power, Ethernet, Modem, Video, FireWire 400 and 800, USB, Audio In, Audio Out to be plugged into the back of the dock, and remain plugged in, independent of the computer. Taking the computer from the office or the home, or moving it from one room to another, doesn't require disconnecting and reconnecting several devices. You must use your MagSafe power supply to power up your MacBook Pro. The dock does not supply power but does have a feed-through slot to safely house your MagSafe connector.
Includes the port for the Firewire 800 model. Second generation MacBook Pro only.
- Eliminates connector wear and tear
- Cables are out of view and protected
- Easy to use release handle/ejection system
- Connectors are routed to rear of Dock
- MagSafe® Housing prevents accidental disconnect
- Aluminum plate helps in cooling of notebook