16-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop/Rackmount Switch
The D-Link® 16-Port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1016D) delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Users in the office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now transfer large bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network without hesitation. The versatile and compact 1RU height design of the DGS-1016D enables the device to be rackmounted in a standard 19-inch rack while conserving valuable rack space.
Featuring non-blocking switching architecture, the DGS-1016D filters and forwards packets at wire speed for maximum throughput. An 8K MAC address table provides scalability for even the largest networks. Address learning and aging, 802.3x flow control for full-duplex mode, and back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode alleviate traffic congestion and ensure reliable data transmission. Designed using industry standards, the DGS-1016D is compatible with virtually all 10, 100, and 1000Mbps Ethernet devices. The DGS-1016D protects your existing network investments while providing you with a straightforward migration path to faster Gigabit speeds.
Easy to Install and Maintain
This switch was designed for Plug-and-Play and hassle-free installation. Auto-MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables when connecting to another switch or hub. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (10, 100, or 1000Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance. It also features diagnostic LEDs that display status and activity, allowing you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network. Every port also supports a cable diagnostic feature that helps to detect cable-related problems.
802.1p Quality of Service
The DGS-1016D supports 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS). When the switch receives a frame tagged with 802.1p priority, it automatically places it into one of four priority queues. Priority queuing is especially beneficial when streaming voice and video on your network.
D-Link Green™ technology implements power-saving features to help make your network environmentally friendly without compromising performance. The DGS-1016D automatically powers down ports that have no link and budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths. It also complies with the EU's RoHS directive, restricting the use of certain hazardous materials.
- D-Link Green™ eco-friendly technology1, which reduces power consumption and operating costs
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different ethernet cable lengths
- 32Gbps switching capacity
- Desktop or rack mountable design
- Non-blocking architecture
- Jumbo frame support (Up to 9600 Bytes)2
Manufacturer Part Number
MAC Address Table Size
- 32Gbps Forwarding Capacity
- Per Unit: Power
- Per Port: Activity/Link, Speed
Packet Buffer Memory
- On ship: 512KBytes Buffer Memory per Device
- Power On (Stand by): 3.8 Watts
- Max: 11.7 Watts
- 802.3 Ethernet
- 802.3u Fast Ethernet
- 802.3x Flow Control
- 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet
- 802.1p Priority Queuing
FCC Class A, CE Class A, ICES-003 Class A, VCCI Class A, C-Tick Class A
- 50/60Hz Internal Universal Power
- Safety: cUL, CB
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: 14° to 131°F (-10° to 55°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.1in x 7.1in x 1.75in (281.9mm x 180.3mm x 44.5mm)
- Weight: 2.97 lbs (1.35kg)
- Maximum power savings when compared to a D-Link conventional switch. Uses up to 73% less energy when connected devices are powered down and up to 61% less energy when connected devices are used 10 hours and powered down 14 hours over a 24-hour period, when connected via 3 meter Ethernet cables.
- Jumbo Frame support for 9600 Bytes is applicable in Gigabit mode only. Use of Jumbo Frame feature requries the PC to have a Gigabit NIC that supports Jumbo Frames. Jumbo Frame performance may be affected when used in 10/100 Fast Ethernet mode.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty available in the USA and Canada only.