OWC Jupiter mini-SAS
Enable high-speed sharing and expansion of Jupiter storage systems!
- Eliminates the costs of SAS-based "storage islands" in direct-attached storage (DAS) environments and enables independent growth for servers and storage in traditional SANs
- Provides support for "out-of-rack" configurations
- Lowers acquisition cost without sacrificing expansion capabilities
- Increase connectivity and reliability by using multiple switches in topology
- Compatible with SAS and SATA hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid state drives (SSDs)
- 16 non-blocking 24Gb/s SAS wide ports
- Passive cables up to six meters, active cables up to 20 meters
The Jupiter Enterprise Switch is the smart and simple solution that extends the capabilities of SAS, letting you harness the simplicity and performance of direct-attached storage in SAN environments. Eliminate restrictive and inefficient storage islands and enable independent growth for servers and storage in traditional SANs. With Jupiter, you can pool storage and reallocate drives and data across the entire network.
Speed and Flexibility
With the Jupiter Enterprise Switch, you'll get 16 non-blocking 24Gb/s SAS wide ports that support zoning and extended cable length for blazing speeds over long distances with extremely low latency. With its non-blocking ports, bandwidth is guaranteed for all your activity, so simultaneous data transfers between multiple hosts and storage systems won't steal speed from each other.
Each of the Jupiter Enterprise Switch's 16 mini-SAS connectors can connect to SAS initiators and SAS targets, and the connectors in the lower row are compatible with tape drives. All 16 connectors allow the use of six-meter passive cables, while two of these connectors also support active cables up to 20 meters for maximum flexibility. The Jupiter Enterprise Switch is also compatible with virtualized and tiered storage solutions with SAS and SATA hard disk drives and solid state drives.
Whether you're in a workgroup or looking for a backend to a server setup, the Jupiter Enterprise Switch is perfect for scaling direct-attached storage to a low-cost storage network so you can share and pool storage into fewer, larger storage arrays for more efficient operation. One Jupiter Enterprise Switch can manage up to 1,000 SAS and SATA devices, and its low-profile 1U form factor allows you to add more switches without hogging rack space. This scalability allows multiple servers to connect to one or more independent external storage systems and enables more efficient "scaling out" of both storage and servers in data centers and other large storage installations.
Take Control of Your Switch
The Jupiter Enterprise Switch can be managed using the embedded SAS Domain Manager (SDM) software. With the SDM software, which can be accessed out-of-band using the Jupiter Enterprise Switch's Ethernet port, you can monitor your switch and oversee zoning and configuration. You'll even be able to use the SDM to monitor the health of your attached devices to keep your system running smoothly.
Built around LSI technology, Jupiter components are constructed from an award-winning, trusted source to give you maximum peace of mind when setting up your system.
- 16 non-blocking 24 Gb/s SAS wide ports with zoning and extended cable length support
- 24Gb/s SAS connections, aggregate bandwidth of 384Gb/s
- 16 SAS ports (4 SAS phys per port)
- SAS and SATA connectivity of up to 1000 devices
- Enables direct attached storage to be scaled as a low cost storage network
- T10 zoning compliant
- Switch-based discovery, self-configuration
- Simpler, easier integration
- Switch-based discovery, self-configuration
- Industry standard SAS infrastructure
- OS independent
- 1U full width form factor
- Configuration/topology validation
- Event logging and error reporting
- SMTP email alerts
- SES support of switch environment
Storage Connectivity & Rates
- 64 total ports, 6Gb/s per port
SAS Port Configurations
- 16 four-phy wide ports (mini-SAS SFF-8088 connectors)
- 24Gb/s (half duplex), 48Gb/s (full duplex) per port
- 1.5, 3.0 or 6.0Gb/s SAS and/or SATA End Devices
Zone Groups & Zone Sets
- Embedded SAS Domain Manager (SDM) ; up to 192 zone groups; up to 16 zone sets
- SAS in-band or 10/100 Ethernet out-of-band
- Activity - 1 per port; Link/Fault - 1 per port
- Passive copper (all 16 ports), active copper (port 0 and port 2)
Real Time Clock
- 25 watts nominal (no active cables); 50 watts max
- Integrated 100-240v, 50-60Hz auto-switching
- SAS host bus adapters (HBAs), SAS or SATA JBODs, RAID arrays, or SAS expanders; direct-attached tape drives can connect to any odd-numbered port (lower row)
- Operating - Temperature: 5°C to 50°C; Relative Humidity: 5 to 90% Non-condensing
- Storage - Temperature: -45°C to 105°C; Relative Humidity: 5 to 90% Non-condensing
- FCC Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B, CE Europe (EN55022/EN55024); Japan VCCI Class B)