OWC Mercury Helios 2
Thunderbolt™ 2 Dual Slot Expansion Chassis For PCIe Cards
Thunderbolt 2 / Mac / PC
- Features one x16 PCIe 2.0 double width card slot, and one x8 PCIe 2.0 single width card slot *
- Daisy-chain support for up to five additional Thunderbolt peripherals
- Near-silent operation
- Plug and Play - no drivers needed.**
Use PCIe Expansion Cards with any Thunderbolt Equipped Mac or PC
Helios 2 is the ideal way to access up to two PCIe cards and is perfect for video capturing, video editing, media transcoding, audio
processing, ultra-fast networking, data storage, and more via its Thunderbolt interface. Get empowered with the flexibility to
upgrade the capabilities of almost any workflow and workstation.
Install Two PCIe Cards + Daisy Chain
Helios 2 features one half-length (up to 7.75"), full-height, double-width x16 PCIe 2.0 slot and one half-length (up to 7.75"), full-height, single-width x8 PCIe 2.0 slot to provide a vast array of expansion options.
- Two PCIe card slots + daughter card support
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Thunderbolt daisy-chain six devices plus a display
Thunderbolt Performance Juggernaut
The Helios 2 is the perfect solution to enhance and expand the computing capabilities of any Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2
equipped Mac Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Mac laptop, or PC. Utilizing Thunderbolt high-performance technology, Helios 2 is a tour
de force that provides the flexibility to use a multitude of PCIe cards with the bandwidth to support their capabilities.
- Up to 20Gb/s performance
- Perfect for HD/4K video workflows
- Perfect for 10Gb/s networking interfaces
- Perfect for Pro Audio workflows
- Perfect for Ultra-Fast Datasets + Storage
Durable, Cool, and at the Ready
A whisper quiet variable speed fan keeps the inside of the Helios 2's durable aluminum ventilated chassis running cool.
It automatically powers on/off with your computer, so it's at the ready whenever you are.
Lock It Up
Let's face it, you have PCIe cards because they serve an important workflow need. Helios 2 comes with a Thunderbolt
cable lock that prevents accidental cable pulls from stopping your work in progress — ensuring your PCIe
cards and daisy-chained Thunderbolt devices stay connected.
OWC's Step-by-Step Install Video