Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub
8.0TB SSD USB 10Gb/s External Storage Solution
USB / SATA 6.0Gb/s / Mac, Windows and mobile devices
The Digital Desktop Centerpiece
The Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub gives you nearly infinite options for your workspace. This beautiful, modern designed solution is universally USB compatible and can handle diverse workflows. Compact and available plug and play ready, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual is not only superfast, convenient, and versatile, it will quickly become the centerpiece of your digital lifestyle.
High performance where it matters, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub delivers over 1000MB/s (1GB/s) of real-world* data transfer speed. Now you can transfer the equivalent of an entire DVD in less than 5 seconds or transfer 1,000 photos in 2 seconds. Performance like this is great for backup, photography, audio, virtual machines, even video editing.
The rear-side hub offers three USB ports to connect high-speed storage with performance of up to 1250MB/s as well as keyboards, mice, phones, etc. In short, you can connect virtually any USB peripheral or device you have, and the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub supports it.
All three USB Hub ports are designed for the accessories of today and tomorrow. That means they’re backward compatible, fully powered, and provide complete performance. Whether you’re using it to connect your keyboard and mouse, bus-powered or desktop drives, mixers, or video – you are assured to have all the ports you need at maximum speed and power. And, of course, it fully supports the charging, powering, and data syncing of your mobile devices, tablets, cameras, headphones and gaming devices too.
The Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub includes all the cables you need to connect to any computer or USB- equipped mobile device, and its whisper-quiet design lets you work without distraction. It's simply the convenient do-it-all, works-with-all solution that puts you in control of your desktop.
- Pro-grade storage with real-world tested* performance
- Optional, user configurable hardware RAID settings for 0, 1, Span, or independent mode operation for advanced users with specific application requirements
- Universally compatible: works with any USB-equipped Mac, PC, or mobile device such as iPad Pro, gaming consoles, anything that supports external storage
- Connect and charge: Three USB ports for audio or video mixers, cameras, card readers, tablets, keyboards, mice, anything USB
- Plug and play & ready to go: no drivers needed and includes USB connecting cables
Multiple Bays, Multiple Options
From high-demand production studios to your home office, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual seamlessly integrates with any work environment. Dual drive bays let you install your choice of 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SSDs or HDDs. Built-in hardware RAID gives you enhanced data protection or maximum throughput.
Single-Click Drive + Dock Ejection
Need to take it on the go or disconnect it? Or, maybe you’re done with the drives? OWC’s free Dock Ejector app lets you safely dismount the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub and any additional external drives connected to it from your computer in a single click. You’ll be sure that all data has been safely written before any drive is unmounted, protecting against accidental data loss or corruption.
Ready to Work Anywhere
At 5.8” high x 3.3” wide and weighing under four pounds with SSDs installed, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub is compact leaving you more workspace as well as being able to take with anywhere. It connects to any Mac or PC with an available USB port, so it’s universally compatible with nearly all USB computers from the last decade up to the latest machines. You can also work cross-platform with Macs and PCs using OWC's MacDrive software (sold separately).
Secure Your Workflow with OWC ClingOn
Active workspaces expose gear to bumps, shoves, and the random tail wag from a pet. Just one ill-timed touch can cause an accidental cable disconnection interruption to your workflow. The OWC ClingOn custom cable stabilizers (sold separately) screw into the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub housing to secure your USB-C connections so you can work with confidence even in the highest foot traffic environments.
Universal USB Compatible with Included Cables
To help you start working immediately and hassle-free with any USB machine, we include high-quality USB connecting cables right in the box.
* Up to 1026MB/s sequential read/write performance with 2 x 1.0TB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSDs in RAID 0 connected to a Windows 10 PC (GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 motherboard with 16GB RAM, Intel Core i5-6400 2.70GHz processor) running Crystal Disk Mark 7.0.0x64 (1GB test size, Q8T1). Up to 567MB/s sequential read/write performance with 2 x 16.0TB Seagate Exos X16 HDDs I. RAID 0 connected to 15-inch MacBook Pro 2018 (MacBookPro15,1) with 16GB RAM and 2.2GHz processor running AJA System Test (4K-Full resolution, 64GB file size, 10bit RGB codec, single file test). Performance will vary depending on drives and application used.
- 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA drives
Total Storage Capacity
- (2) 4.0TB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSDs
- *1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- **OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
- Independent volumes bootable in macOS
Hot Plug Support
- SATA/RAID Controller: (1) Asmedia ASM-1352R
- USB Hub: (1) Genesys Logic GL-3590
Data Transfer Rate (Maximum)
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 : 10 Gb/s (or 1250 MB/s)
RAID Levels Supported
Mac OS Compatibility
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 7 32-bit Edition
- Windows 7 64-bit Edition
- Windows Home Server 2011
- Windows 8 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8 64-bit Edition
- Windows 8.1 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8.1 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
Linux OS Compatibility
Mobile OS Compatibility
Other OS Compatibility
Host Port Requirements
- This device will connect at the maximum speed supported by your computer:
- Most Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB-C) equipped computers (2016 or later) - 10Gb/s (1250MB/s)
- Most USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB-A or USB-C) equipped computers (2015 and earlier) - 5Gb/s (600MB/s)
- Most USB 2.0 equipped computers (2011 and earlier) - 480MB/s
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
External Power Adapter
Number of Bays
- (1) Host Port - USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Port up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (2) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Ports up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (1) 60mm 2,500RPM cooling fan
- Height: 14.7 cm (5.8 in)
- Length: 23.9 cm (9.4 in)
- Width: 8.5 cm (3.3 in)
- Operating: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCMEDCH7S08
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.
macOS RAID 0 Test Results
Windows RAID 0 Test Results
- (1) Mercury Elite Pro with 3-Port Hub
- (1) External power supply and power cable
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gb/s USB-C to USB-C cable
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gb/s USB-A to USB-C cable
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) Assembly Manual & User Guide (Download Only)
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty