500GB Aura Pro 6G
For 2012 to Early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display
High Performance Internal Flash Storage Upgrade
Designed for Mac
Once again, OWC provides Mac users an upgrade path that delivers phenomenal performance, functionality, and reliability! Whether it's for the base 13" model only offering a 128GB SSD or the base 15" model offering just a 256GB SSD, installing an Aura Pro 6G SSD is the best enhancement for the MacBook Pro with Retina display. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include a free 'how-to' video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
More Speed, More Capacity for MacBook Pro
OWC Aura Pro SSDs provide a noticeable increase in performance over the factory SSDs for all MacBook Pro with Retina display models:
- Increase capacity up to 16x the 13-inch base models
- Increase capacity up to 8x the 15-inch base models
- Get write speeds up to 500MB/s, 26% faster than factory original*
- Get read speeds up to 530MB/s, 8.6% faster than factory original*
Better by Design
OWC redesigned its 3rd generation of OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs with premium 3D NAND Flash and the latest controller technology to operate cooler and consume less power, resulting in improved battery life for your MacBook Pro. OWC SSDs are engineered to be the best for Mac, undergoing a rigorous multi-stage lab testing process to deliver absolute reliability at maximum performance long into the future.
- SLC caching algorithm accelerates burst performance
- Global wear leveling algorithm automatically distributes data evenly and manages program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan
- Data refresh technology ensures data integrity, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time
- ECC protection combines LDPC hard and soft decoding with advanced algorithm to detect and correct errors throughout the entire SSD data path
- Advanced security protocols support AES 128/256-bit full-drive encryption
*Based on sequential speed testing of original stock 512GB SSD tested by Bare Feats
. Sequential write speeds of 395MB/s, read speeds of 488MB/s.