60GB Mercury Aura Pro
Solid State Drive.
For special applications, netbooks,
& subnotebooks that utilize a 1.8" drive.
When only the fastest and most reliable Solid State Drive on the market will suffice for your data storage and backup, look no further than the OWC Mercury Aura Pro SSD.
- Go FASTER with data rates up to 284MB/s
- Go BIGGER up to 16X more capacity than original factory hard drive option.*
- Go ROUGHER NO Moving Parts for reliability up to 100X
higher than hard drives.
The Mercury Aura SSD line features:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Besides adding a tremendous speed boost in boot, app load, and overall system responsiveness, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro 1.8″ SSD provides the flexibility of capacity choices for up to 16x more capacity than originally offered by the factory. In addition, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro comes with an award-winning, ultra-efficient Block Management & Wear Leveling technologies to virtually eliminate any speed reduction over long term use of the drive. And for hard drive equipped netbook/ subnotebook owners, there's the added benefit of having the rugged dependability of an SSD that offers up to 100x greater reliability than traditional hard drives. Go faster, go bigger, go rougher...with the OWC Mercury Aura Pro 1.8" SSD.
- One of the fastest Internal SATA 1.8″ SSDs available.
- EXTREME Power Efficiency
- 3 year OWC warranty
OWC's SSD vs HDD Shootout!
OWC's A Closer Look
"Mean Time To Failure" - We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with Durawrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. With this technology, even MLC-based SSDs can operate for years in demanding use applications without daily write restrictions. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most enterprise class hard drives and SSDs on the market today.
Additionally, as there are no volatile memory elements in this storage device, the need for cache is completely negated. The drive is just that fast from the get-go!
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC solid state drives have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers faster system responsiveness.
*OWC 480GB SSD vs Dell factory equipped 30GB HDD