Aura Pro MBA Solid State Drive.
For MacBook Air (Late 2008 - Mid 2009)
When only the fastest and most reliable Solid State Drive on the market today will suffice for your data storage and backup, look no further than the OWC Aura Pro SSD.
- Go FASTER up to 41x faster than factory hard drive models. (up to 20%
faster than factory SSD models.*)
- Go BIGGER up to 4x more capacity than original factory SSD option.**
- Go ROUGHER NO Moving Parts for reliability up to 100x
higher than hard drives.
The Aura Pro SSD line features:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Owners of 2008-2009 MacBook Air laptops and late 2008 to Sept 2010 models can now make their machines faster than the newest models by installing an OWC Aura Pro MBA SSD.
Besides adding a 20% speed boost in boot, app load, and overall system responsiveness, the OWC Aura Pro MBA SSD provides the flexibility for up to 4x more capacity than originally offered by the factory. All of which come with award-winning, ultra-efficient Block Management & Wear Leveling technologies to virtually eliminate any speed reduction over long term use of the drive. And for hard drive equipped 2008-2009 MacBook Air owners, there's the added benefit of having the rugged dependability of a SSD that offers up to 100x greater reliability than traditional hard drives. Go faster, go bigger, go rougher....with the OWC Aura Pro 1.8" SSD.
Better by Design
"Mean Time To Failure" – We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with Durawrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. With this technology, even MLC-based SSDs can operate for years in demanding use applications without daily write restrictions. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most enterprise class hard drives and SSDs on the market today.
Additionally, as there are no volatile memory elements in this storage device, the need for cache is completely negated. The drive is just that fast from the get-go!
MacBook Air 2009 Shootout
Stock HD vs. OWC Aura Pro MBA SDD
OWC's A Closer Look
OWC's Step-by-Step Install Video
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC solid-state drives have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers faster system responsiveness.
*OWC SSD 268MB/s vs 2010 factory SSD speed of 215MB/s
**OWC 480GB SSD vs factory optional 128GB SSD