Mercury Elite Pro Dual
8.0TB Performance RAID Solution
Mac / PC / Thunderbolt 2 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / RAID
With Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.1 Gen 1
Professional Grade Solution
Dual Drive Professional Hardware RAID
The next generation Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology is the perfect RAID solution for creative workflows, project archives, and system backups. Inside are two drives, easily configured in RAID 0, 1, span, or independent mode.
Don't Wait. Don't Worry.
Thunderbolt 2 technology unleashes the full potential of two 3.5" hard drives. In RAID 0 you'll experience the maximum sustained throughput from your drives with speeds up to 474MB/s, fast enough to support compressed 4K workflows. Configure the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology in RAID 1 mode and enjoy instant mirroring of your data. Experience the freedom to create without wait or worry.
Ready for You Right Out of the Box
Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology features two Thunderbolt 2 ports, one USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, and all of the cables you need for use with almost any system. Ready to perform in RAID 0, it's also easily configured in RAID 1, span, and independent modes to match your workflow needs.
Make more connections
With dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology supports Thunderbolt daisy-chains. Expand your workstation with up to five additional Thunderbolt devices, including high-speed storage, expansion chassis for specialist workflows, even a high-definition display.
Quality and support you can trust
The Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology features a heat-dissipating, brushed-aluminum design with a whisper-quiet, high-performance fan. In addition, smart power conserves energy and extends the life of the drives inside. The Elite Pro Dual automatically spins down during periods of inactivity, and powers on and off with your workstation. Extraordinarily durable and efficient, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual with Thunderbolt 2 technology is built to seamlessly integrate with any work environment from large-scale, high demand production studios to your home office.
- OS X 10.9.3 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- USB 3.1 Gen 1
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Windows XP or later
- Driver not required for OS X
- Driver not required for Windows
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or USB 2.0 interface
- Recommended (Best Performance)
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 2 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface
- Thunderbolt: Any Mac that supports booting via Thunderbolt
- USB: Any Mac that supports booting via USB 2
- (2) Thunderbolt 20Gbps
- (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 (ASMedia ASM1153E)
- SATA controller (ASMedia ASM1062)
- RAID controller (ASMedia ASM1092R)
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Compliant
*1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
RAID Modes Supported
- RAID 0, 1, SPAN, and Independent drive mode
- RAID 0
- Included Drive Guide software will format the drive for either OS X or Windows
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output:, 12V @ 6A
- Replacement power supply sold separately
- Adapter plugs for international use sold separately
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 32° — 107°
- Temperature (°C) 0° — 42°
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) &min;40° — 149°
- Temperature (°C) &min;40° — 65°
Weight (without drives)
1. Booting in RAID 0, RAID 1, and SPAN mode are supported via Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.1 Gen 1. Thunderbolt 2 also supports Independent mode booting.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n TB2U3MED08T UPC#: 812437024012
2. When connected via USB, the following limitations apply when booting in Independent mode: if both drives are installed, only the disk connected to the 'Drive A' cables will boot. If only one drive is installed, the disk will boot regardless of which set of cables it is connected to. Please check the Assembly Manual & User Guide for more details.
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.
macOS RAID 0 Test Results
Windows RAID 0 Test Results
- (1) Mercury Elite Pro Dual high performance enclosure
- (1) 0.6 meter (24 in) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Cable (Standard-A to Standard-B)
- (1) 1.0 meter (39 in) Thunderbolt cable
- (1) External power supply and power cable
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) Assembly Manual & User Guide (Download Only)