480GB Mercury Aura Pro 6G
Solid State Drive
for MacBook Air 2011 Edition
OWC's Aura Pro SSD provides up to nearly 8x the capacity over factory SSDs while offering up to 3x Faster Performance vs. Factory Options.
- More SPEED up to 507MB/s...3x faster than factory.*
- More STORAGE up to nearly 8x more capacity!**
- More OPTIONS choose from 120GB, 180GB, 240GB or 480GB models.
The Mercury Aura SSD line features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Once again, OWC provides Mac users an upgrade path that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! Whether you own or are
considering a 2011 base model 11″ MacBook Air with a 64GB Solid State Drive or the top of the line 13″ model with a 256GB SSD, OWC's Mercury Aura Pro 6G SSD offers 3x higher speed than the factory SSD.... up to 507MB/s and up to 8x more storage capacity than factory options.
Unlike the factory pre-configured models with no other SSD choices offered, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to choose from a variety of sizes to meet your storage needs.
"Mean Time To Failure" - We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be "synced" with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.
*Random 4K write data rates of 57.56 for OWC SSD vs 18.49 for Apple factory stock SSD
**OWC SSD Maximum total flash capacity 512GB before 7% overprovisioning with 480GB actual usable capacity compared to Apple 64GB Flash option for 11.1" model.