Desktop 17 Pro Edition
1 Year License | Digital Download
Run Windows Seamlessly! Run thousands of Windows apps!
Fast, Powerful and Easy!
Run Windows and macOS® simultaneously on a Mac®
Use Windows side-by-side with macOS (no restarting required) on your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. Share files and folders, copy and paste images and text and drag and drop files and content between Mac and Windows applications.
Parallels Desktop automatically detects what you need to get started so you are up and running within minutes! If you need Windows, you’ll be prompted to download and install Windows 10 or use your Boot Camp installation if you have an Intel-based Mac. You may also migrate your Windows PC* or Linux, like Ubuntu (Intel-based Mac computers only).
Graphic and resource-hungry Windows applications run effortlessly without slowing down your Mac. Run applications such as Microsoft Office, Visual Studio, SQL Server, PowerBI, AutoCAD, MetaTrader, and thousands more. Play your favorite classic Windows-only games on a Mac. The improved display driver in Parallels Desktop 17 delivers much smoother Windows UI responsiveness and synchronized video playback experience. The new driver boosts the frame rate in many 2D action-platformer games including Foregone, Smelter and many others for a greater gaming experience.
Choose your View
Make Windows invisible while still using its applications in Coherence™ Mode, or if you’re new to Mac, you can set Windows to occupy your entire screen, so it looks just like it would if you were using a Windows PC.
Maximum Power to Create & Develop With Parallels Desktop Pro
Designed with developers, power users and other demanding professionals in mind. Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition delivers ultimate processing power, so you can code in Visual Studio, design and build in Autodesk apps, automate in PowerShell, play heavy Windows games, and more—all on a Mac and as easily as on a PC.
Test on Multiple Native Browsers
Run Internet Explorer 93, 103, 11 and the Windows version of Microsoft Edge right on your dev machine—and all at the same time. Run incompatible browsers in separate installations of Windows in separate VMs. Plus, create a test environment across the group, simultaneously, using your favorite web development tool (Dreamweaver, WordPress, Microsoft Expression and more) to make changes to your site. If you regularly use multiple IE versions, explore Parallels® Toolbox to launch them all at once and save time. (Parallels Toolbox is included with your purchase of Parallels Desktop Pro Edition.)
VM Upload and Transfer
Save time and reduce the bandwidth required for uploading and transferring large virtual machine (VM) files by converting a VM bundle into a single file. Now it’s just an easy upload when transferring to a new Mac.
- Optimized for macOS Monterey and Windows 11(when released)
- Works with OS X, Windows 10, 8.1, and 7, Google Chrome™, Linux and Unix, and macOS Server. No more having to choose between PC or Mac.
- Display Driver for an Enhanced Windows Gaming Experience: The improved display driver in Parallels Desktop 17 delivers much smoother Windows UI responsiveness and synchronized video playback experience. The new driver boosts the frame rate in many 2D action-platformer games including Foregone, Smelter and many others for a greater gaming experience.
- USB, USB-C, Thunderbolt and FireWire devices connect with Windows. Pair your Bluetooth® devices - including Xbox One controller, stylus pen and printer-to work with both Windows and macOS.
- Must-have Speed and Performance Updates: Applications running with Parallels Desktop 17 on Mac computers with Apple M1 and Intel chip now run remarkably faster and more efficiently.
- Automatic Resource Manager: Users can now experience the Automatic Resource Manager, designed to evaluate and advise on the optimal amount of Mac hardware resources for virtual machines to ensure the best performance every time.
- Reuse your existing Boot Camp installation. Converting a virtual machine from Boot Camp is easy, just follow our installation assistant at startup.
- Seamlessly Drag and Drop Content between Windows and Mac: Users now enjoy the ability to drop any text or image between Mac and Windows applications, including between Windows applications and macOS Monterey Quick Note (when available).
- Improved Visual Studio Plugin: The Parallels Desktop plugin for Visual Studio, designed to debug code in a standalone VM, now supports Mac computers with Apple M1 chip. Moreover, the plugin installation process with Visual Studio 2019 has been simplified.
Access the Develop menu by selecting "Software Development" as your VM profile, or by enabling "Show Developer Tools" in your VM configuration. From the menu bar, select Develop> and choose from the following tools.
- Start SSH Session: Quickly start an SSH session with your VM. This command requires an SSH server running on your VM; calls 'ssh <vm_ip>' command in Terminal.
- Open in Browser: Test and open your website in one click.
- Start Debugging Session: Start a debugging session directly from Parallels Desktop. Note: Parallels Desktop supports lldb as a debugging front end. It should be installed with the XCode command line tools or XCode.
- Generate a Core Dump: Generate the VM memory dump.
Visual Studio Plugin
Debug in a safe, isolated environment. The Parallels plugin for Visual Studio allows you to develop software in one virtual machine and test it in others with just one click. To start remote debugging of your project, build the project and test it locally. Then click Parallels > Start Debugging in the VM and select the virtual machine you need.
Developer Tool Integration
Parallels Desktop Pro Edition can integrate with powerful developer tools to enhance your workflow. (Note: Additional software must be downloaded or purchased separately.)
- Vagrant Provider: Download the ready-to-use environment in seconds. Save time with one command: Vagrant Up. If you use Vagrant Share by Hashicorp, grant access to your VM via SSH or HTTP.
- Command Line Interface: Use (prlctl, prlsrvctl), to control Parallels Desktop for Mac and virtual machines, their settings, and configuration. Autocompletion for prlctl and prlsrvctl commands in bash.* Allow passing arguments to VM applications. (*bash completion should be installed on Mac.)
- Jenkins: Run your builds in VMs by initiating and managing with Jenkins. Build OS X and iOS apps with Jenkins and continuous integration (CI). With the Jenkins plugin, Parallels Desktop VMs are launched dynamically whenever they are needed to build jobs, and then suspended during idle time for high-density usage of resources.
- Nested Hyper-V Support: Parallels Desktop provides nested virtualization support (VT-X technology) that allows you to run Hyper-V and other types of virtual machines and emulators inside.
- Docker: Docker Machine Parallels Driver allows you to create Docker hosts locally on Parallels Desktop.
- Chef: Quick identification for recipes created from within Parallels VMs.
Test a Beta OS or Update
Take advantage of future public beta OSes from Apple and Microsoft without risking your data. Install a beta macOS or beta Windows release in a virtual machine safely on your Mac.
New update or upgrade released? First test it out in a VM. Save snapshots of a virtual machine. If something goes wrong, you can revert the changes back to any of your snapshots and continue working with the guest OS. Plus, the SmartGuard functionality in Parallells Desktop allows you to automate snapshots' creation.
Download Pre-Built VMs
If you don't have enough time to create a new virtual machine with the required configuration, you can download a ready-to-use one with a predefined configuration.
Simply choose File > New and select from the "Free Systems" section. Pre-built VMs include a full Windows 10 Development Environment with Visual Studio and other tools pre-installed, a wide variety of Windows versions with different IE and Edge browsers pre-installed, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux, CentOS Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, Mint Linux, and Android virtual machines.
Additional tools in Parallels Toolbox 5 for Mac and Windows
Parallels® Toolbox, which is included with Parallels Desktop subscriptions, introduced five new tools to its latest version. Focus on Window, Transform Text, Recognize Text, Barcode Scanner, and Barcode Generator have now been added to Parallels Toolbox’s extensive library of more than 30 everyday utilities.